Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Beer and a Bump

Photo: A/P

As I have said before, one of the advantages of being an expat is that one is away from all the constant campaigning; I just read the papers (on-line) and blogs. Well, since we have the banda ancha internet we can listen to NPR and Air America on the mac, so we do get more U.S. news than we did in the past and I'm not so sure this is a good thing.

So there's this "bitter" thang going on, and frankly, I can't get too excited about it, 'cuz I think some of those folks DO cling to their guns and religion in their bitterness. Sue me! So now Obama is being called an elitist by other Rich People, namely Hillary Clinton and John McCain. To show what a regular guy she is, Hillary had a beer and some whiskey. Canadian whiskey. Ewww! I loves me whiskey. I loves my Irish whiskey and Scotch, just like Jesus used ta drink. My grampa loved the Canadian whiskey and he was a Regular Guy, so I guess I can see why she drank it. I think she would have preferred some wine instead, but maybe she and Bill knock back beer and whiskey on Saturday nights.

However, I'm trying to figure out this need of the U.S. voters for "regular guys." Ya'll haven't elected a "regular guy" in ages! They're all rich folks! Poor people, regular guys and gals, can't afford to run for president!!! Back in 2000, many of the electorate voted for the Dim Son because "he's the kinda guy you could have a beer with." Well, we now know how well THAT worked out! Actually, if you had a beer or two with W., you might be in serious trouble by the second beer; he'd probably bust the bottle on the bar and then threaten you with the shards in his hand. Or maybe not (right!). The point is: dey ain't no regl'ar guys and gals runnin' for pres'nit so drop that requirement from your "lista reasons to vote for dat person" (also drop "he's a Republican;" don't ever ever ever EVER elect a Republican again!).

I'm still waiting for either Clinton or Obama to say that they will have the Bush administration brought up on War Crime charges; that's how ya wins Padre Mickey's vote! Obama almost won me over today with his interview here, but he didn't say what I wansta hear!!! SAY YOU'LL LOCK 'EM UP!!

Oh, and if Richard Belzer says "I'm an Air American, you're an Air American" one more time I'm gonna send the voice-losing ju-ju through the ether. I'm warnin' ya!!

Here endeth the rant.
¡Gracias a Dios!

8 comments:

Brother David said...

You might find this amusing good padre!

Jon Stewart mocks so-called Obama gaffe!

Anonymous said...

Rave on, Padre. I'm with you about the war crimes trials.

OT, I am rooting for you to get the microwave oven when Grace converts (cf. Father Jake's current thread).

Caminante said...

Thanks for writing the entry I didn't have time to.

word verification: U boza -- say that to these clowns!

Matthew Hubbard said...

I don't have the TV reception right now, so I follow the campaign in the newspapers and on the internets. It's like watching a movie with the sound off, and you aren't exactly sure why everyone is happy or upset or running from the zombie horde.

Okay, I take it back. Even with the sound off, I usually can figure out why they are running from the zombie horde.

Jane R said...

There was an interview of Obama today (well, yesterday, it's late) in which someone asked him if he'd be for prosecuting Bush and co. and he said something like "nobody is above the law." Good on him, that's a start. I worry for his safety, though.

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

Thanks, Padre. Well thought and said.

June Butler said...

Remember that Bush was the guy everyone wanted to have a beer with. What does that have to do with being president? I want trials.

Think of it. One way or another this will go on until November. It's only April. And Bush will be president until January. Depressing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yes, another Microwave Oven winner...you will certainly have earned it...makes me tired to think about it.

Nobody is above the law...tell that to venables, orombi, schofield, duncan and jack the ripper.

I gotta go to sleep now.

Thanks for all that you do,

Herbert Walker Hoover

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign