Friday, February 13, 2009

Convención de las Damas Episcopales de Panamá

Yesterday was the Convention of Las Damas Episcopales de Diocese de Panamá, or the Episcopal Women of Diocese of Panamá. The convention began with a Eucharist at which Bishop Murray preached and presided. I didn't witness most of the meeting as I had to go over to San Pablo to get the lay of the land for Sunday's Convention Eucharist.

Today workshops were held but I was unable to attend as I presided at a huge funeral. Tomorrow is business day, and I'll be attending that, even though I can't vote as I am canonically resident in the Diocese of El Camino Real of TEC. But I'll get to take lots of photos.

Here are photos from the ECW Convention

The Altar


Big Sign!


Delegates from San Cristóbal, Barbara Smith, president; Elfrida Beckford, Theresa Brathwaite, and Clara Edwards


Delegates from San Juan (I served at San Juan for four months when I first came to Panama)


Delegates from San Mateo


Cora Gill and Clara Edwards, members of San Cristóbal. Cora is Chairperson for the UTO for our diocese.


Big UTO Sign!


This table has a Barbie in blue and white, UTO Barbie. But you'd never know it from my poor photography! Here's UTO Barbie's skirt


UTO Barbie's head (I messed-up that shot!) with UTO rag doll in the background


Waiting for the service to begin: Rev. Canon Dennis Josiah, Bishop Murray, Rev. Carlos Austin


Revdo. Milciades Forero, Revdo. Teodoro Apolayo, Revdo. José Moreno


Waiting for the procession


Wide shot of the Bishop Gooden Center


Bishop Murray preaching


ECW Convention in session

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign