Friday, August 28, 2009

Sheesh!

Actual photo of Padre Mickey this morning

I read this little article this morning during my web-surfing. It's a pleasant clarification by the Presiding Bishop of a sermon she gave at General Convention. She further discussed the "heresy of individualism" (something discussed over at Faddah Jake's a short while back.

I didn't find anything earth-shaking in her sermon or in this clarification; in fact, I agree with much of what she said. I was about to get on with my life when a little devil whispered in my ear: Hey Mickey, don't you think it would be fun to check out those Other Blogs to read their reaction to what the Presiding Bishop wrote? Oh, my sisters and brothers, I am a weak man, I am a man who used up almost every bit of will-power when I quit smoking many years ago, so I actually did go read at that blog named after a Bible verse. Then I realized that there was no need to actually read the comments posted there, as I already knew how the regulars there would respond. I mean, come on! They are so predictable!

Any post at That Place on a sermon by the Presiding Bishop will elicit, without failure, the following responses:
a. She didn't mention Jesus
or:
b. She didn't mention Jesus enough
followed by:
c. Mrs. Schori is a heretic. If she was a Real Christian™ she wouldn't be suing Faithful Orthodox Christians™
which will elicit the ever-popular:
d. She is confused. AND if she really followed Jesus the ASA for Episcopal Churches would be the same as the ASA for the opening days for the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings franchises at your local movie theatre.
And so forth.

Let's have some fun! I'll post titles from some posts and you give the Approved Orthodite Comments in the comments section here!

1. RNS: Conservative Christians say U.S. health care system 'is working'
or
2. New Jersey bishops encourage Catholics to protect marriage against redefinition
or
3. The Rt. Rev. "Gene" Robinson Said Something Somewhere
or
4. Gay Muslim Pagan Communist Carrot-worshipping Woman Priest Discovered In The Diocese of Rio Grande

Be creative but accurate!

This post was visited by the Alter Guild

6 comments:

Leonard said...

Burn ém...I say burn ém...is Spittlefields still available? Certainly these all-holy ¨T-niners¨ will climb right up on the post and strap themselves on and they will self ignite!

Padre Mickey said...

Well, Leonardo; your post does carry the nastiness one would expect from that crowd, but it's not quite what I was aiming for. Please try again!

Say, how are you feeling? Is everything clear and in focus?

Paul said...

We Gay Muslim Pagan Communist Carrot-worshipping Priests of all genders (surely not limited to two) who are in the DRG would prefer not to have our little secrets revealed, thank you very much.

Oh, sorry, you wanted the comments. Let's see....

"It comes as little surprise, though I am shocked to the core, that deviant heteropraxy has broken out in the Diocese of the Rio Grande now that it drifts without a shepherd to keep it in the orthodox fold. Let us bend the knee and ask the Father to send them a faithful bishop who knows how to drive those GMPCCWMPs from the irradiated Rio Grande Valley and into the jaws of hell where they belong!"

Frank Remkiewicz aka “Tree” said...

Well, since my magic word is plerse I will start with "plerse forgive me for I have signed".

. RNS: Conservative Christians say U.S. health care system 'is working'

Of course it is working -- it is working for the house and the senate and for the pharmecutical companies and for the rich and powerful.

or
2. New Jersey bishops encourage Catholics to protect marriage against redefinition
or

"Protection against redefinition? Oh, you must mean use a condom!

3. The Rt. Rev. "Gene" Robinson Said Something Somewhere

"Yes, Bishop Robinson did say something somewhere and boy is it anti-pledge of allegiance!

or
4. Gay Muslim Pagan Communist Carrot-worshipping Woman Priest Discovered In The Diocese of Rio Grande
"let's julienne the carrot!

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Brilliant! all of you ;=)

Brother David said...

3. The Rt. Rev. "Gene" Robinson Said Something Somewhere

"Wow…. how weird. I wonder how they were able to get this quiet country bishop—who wants nothing else but to stay at home, quietly and without controversy, and tend to his flock—to fly all that way to speak at their gathering. Baffling.

PS. Does anyone have a record of all the big events, including all the gay prides, that VGR has attended and been a major featured speaker and media sensation, since GC 2003? My guess is that it is over 100."


"Gene Robinson traveling? REALLY? I can’t believe it…thought he was more the “home body” type…"

"All I know is, if I ever place a bet with someone on how many days Robbie actually spends in his diocese, I’m ALWAYS taking the under."

Real Orthodite comments I stole from T1:9 and STIF!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign