Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Are You Sure? The Staples Singers
2. The Passenger Iggy Pop
3. We Travel The Spaceways Sun-Ra and His Arkestra
4. Love For Tender Elvis Costello and the Attractions
5. Kal Ho Naa Ho Sonu Nigam
6. Airport The Motors
7. Shrivel-Up DEVO
8. Bride of the Raindogs Tom Waits
9. Hypnotist of Ladies They Might Be Giants
10. Jocko Homo DEVO

Sorry that I'm so late posting this, but it's been one of those long days. I officiated at a funeral at San Cristóbal, but the burial was at Corazól, and with the terrible traffic I didn't get back to the church until after 2:00 pm (the funeral was at 10:00am)!

Wow! I really like this list! Only one song from the Twenty-first century (Kal Ho Naa Ho), and that's problematic since I don't like these lists being so obviously from some old guy's iTunes thang, but all the songs are really great, PLUS we gots the double-DEVO action, and ya just can't go wrong with DEVO. The amazing Sun-Ra and His Arkestra make their first appearance on the list, even though they've been floating about on my iTunes thang for years. AND we gots videos for every freakin' song!!

And since ya'll been so good, here's the Jocko Homo video! Vintage DEVO!

So, watchoo listenin' to?
UPDATE UPDATE!!!
Okay kids, here's the DEVO appearance on Saturday Night Live back in 1978 which changed my life! Enjoy!!

Link: DEVO - Jocko Homo live on SNL 1978

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign