Thursday, February 03, 2011

Candlemas Procession

On Wednesdays we have a Healing Mass at San Cristóbal. Quite often I transfer the Feast Day of some saint from the first to sixth centuries to Wednesday because that is where my interest lies. When I noticed that Candlemas would take place on Wednesday this year, I did some research and decided we would celebrate Candlemas. It was the first time this feast has been celebrated at San Cristóbal; it's really not part of West Indian piety. Everyone enjoyed the procession. If I had known about the pancake connection before Tuesday, we'd have had a pancake breakfast, too!

The Lovely Mona served as photographic historian for this event.











3 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

So from the ignorance of a preacher's kid - what is Candlemas?

susan s. said...

What's with the pancakes? Pre-Fat Tuesday or what?

Mary and Megan, I don't know the whole of it, but it involves blessing the all the candles that will be used in the church during the next 12 months, I think.

Padre Mickey said...

Okay, you two. I posted my Candlemas sermon above, which 'splains evertin.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign