Sunday, July 03, 2011

Vote Early And Vote Often!


So, since I lives in a Foreign Land, away from the Land of my Birth, I hasta celebrate el Día de Independencia de los Estados Unidos de América in a different manner than you estadoünidense in the Homeland (God, wut a dumb name. Thanks, GWB!) I'm trying to avoid white flour and sugar n' stuff, so, since I couldn't find any whole wheat hot dogs buns I'm making my World Famous Taco Dogs™! But the Lovely Mona and I needsta watcha Motion Picture which best Exemplifies 'murican Values. Since we have a limited selection of DVDs in our collection, I'm gonna let you all vote for tomorrow night's film (wut cud be more 'murcain than that?). Here are your choices:
American Splendor
Los Productores (The Producers)
Napoleon Dynamite
Hollwood Shuffle
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Born In East LA
La Espía Funky (Undercover Brother)
Rock 'n Roll High School

Vote early and vote often!!!
SCISSORHEAD VOTES COUNT TWICE!!!

10 comments:

June Butler said...

Los Productores (The Producers)

That's my vote, and I'm sticking to it.

I don't much like you spying on me, Padre. Who do you think you are? The CIA?

susan s. said...

Born in East LA! Anything with Cheech Marin in it is 'Murican! I also voted on the Facebook!

Matthew Hubbard said...

Rock 'n Roll High School.

Undercover Brother if it's gonna be a double bill.

Anonymous said...

One big vote for rock n roll highschool. Happy 4th FMI

Frank Remkiewicz aka “Tree” said...

If you ain't votin' for Pdero then there just no movie!

Reverend Ref + said...

Only one of those movies on that list exemplifies the 'murican values of today; and that movie is Born in East L.A.

No other movie exemplifies the values we hold so dear today: anti-immigration, xenophobia, racial hatred of brown-skinned people, and guilty until you prove your own damn innocence.

Yep -- Born in East L.A. is the all-Uh-murican movie for today. Not to mention that it was about 25 years before its time. Great forward thinking there by Mr. Marin.

Padre Mickey said...

Well, kids, the votes from both Facebook and Padre Mickey's Dance Party have been received and tabulated, and it looks as if the Lovely Mona and I will be celebrating U.S.A. Independence Day by watching. . . ."¡¡¡Los Productores!!!" This is the musical with Nathan Lane in the Zero Mostel role, so I counted Johnnie B's vote for Undercover Brother.
Here are the results:
American Splendor 2
Los Productores (The Producers) 4
Napoleon Dynamite 3
Hollwood Shuffle 0
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka 0
Born In East LA 3
La Espía Funky (Undercover Brother) 3
Rock 'n Roll High School 2

I will admit that "Hollywood Shuffle" and "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" didn't receive any votes and I attribute this to an irrational hatred of Kenan Ivory Wayans. Also, Rev. Ref+ gave an impassioned defense of "Born In East L.A."which almost had me convinced to slip it 7,000 more "suddenly discovered" votes, but, whatever.

June Butler said...

Yay! My movie won! Enjoy, Padre and Lovely Mona.

Anonymous said...

i still say u should wsatch r&r hs. But the p got my next vote happy 4th padre & the lovely mona FMI

Reverend Ref + said...

I was so close . . .

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign