Monday, November 06, 2006

Días Patrióticas


We are in the midst of the national holidays of Panama. Friday was Independence Day (independence from Colombia). Saturday was Flag Day. Today is Colón Day. Friday is Los Santos Uprising Day (the folks in the province of Los Santos proclaimed independence from Spain before the folks in Panama City). And November 28 is Independence Day again (independence from Spain). I’m not a nationalist; although I am a citizen of the U.S.A., I rarely celebrate any U.S. holidays (except for Thanksgiving Day; it’s the best!) and I don’t actually celebrate these Panamanian holidays, either. But I like them because they are not religious holidays so I actually get the day off!!! ¡Viva Panamá! Photograph by Eric Jackson of the PanamaNews

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign