Friday, September 14, 2007

Monday at the Hogar

This past Monday I went with the Hogar with a couple, Lucy and Ted, who are interested in learning more about how the Hogar is run and possible ways to help out. Here you can see them talking with Tía Sue. Their son, Frank, used to come with me to the Home about two years ago. I wrote about that in our newsletters at the time. You can check St. Francis’ Church for the archives of the letters, if you’re interested in more information.

I worked with Dona on her English while Sue, Ted, and Lucy talked. She’s very interested in learning English and works hard to pronounce it correctly. She’s especially interested in learning the words to music from “High School Musical.” I never heard of it before, but according to IMDb it seems harmless. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of Dona at this time. Maybe next week.

This second picture is a general one of several of the girls doing things. The lady to the right is one of the aids who works at the Hogar with the girls regularly.

In this last image, Estefani is talking to the girls behind her and Avelia is working on some clay. Before I took the foto, Estefani was helping Avelia. Of course, she turned just as the camera clicked.

1 comment:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Hi, Mona. "High School Musical" is the big surprise hit with the young peoples up here in Los Estados Unidos this uear. Harmless is a fair word for it.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign