Saturday, September 08, 2007

Yesterday at Parroquia San Cristóbal

Yesterday was the first Friday in a month that we didn't have a funeral, but that's because we had the funeral on Thursday. We're in one of those one-funeral-a-week periods (I know, Madpriest, you do thirty a month). There was a lot going on, with Choir practice and Ricky Staples' Tai Chi Chuan and Self-defense class and then the Bible Study in the evening. The morning started out sunny but the aguaceros came in the afternoon. This morning we woke up to the pouring rain and rolling thunder, but it's finally let-up now.

Here are some photos:


The new sign. No, we don't have a Mass at 6:00 a.m.; we haven't had a 6:00 a.m. Mass for some fifteen years or so, but the old sign had that schedule and everyone missed it. I didn't see it until I took this photo!

We painted the doors for our Patronal Festival back in July, but this is the first chance I had to snap a photo. We don't do red doors here.

Here are two photos of the Adult Choir having a meeting after rehearsal. They're having a raffle for a basket of wines. Only $1.00 per chance!





Here are four shots of Ricky's Tai Chi Chuan class. They meet twice a week. You'll notice that the Lovely Mona is a student. As we say around here, "Don't mess with me; I know Tai Chi!!" (The Rev. Dr. John Kater, Jr. and I have a slightly different version of that phrase!)







This is Monique. She's waiting for her mom, Darla, to finish folding the bulletins for Sunday.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

we haven't had a 6:00 a.m. Mass for some fifteen years or so,

Let's hope that early birds have not been showing up and pecking on the locked doors.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Don't mess with me. I know Monique!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign