Monday, October 01, 2007

Last Friday at Parroquia San Cristóbal

Friday morning the Lovely Mona and I picked Caminante up from her hotel and went shopping for molas. After the shopping trip we stopped by the parish as it was the last day of the Tai Chi Chuan/Self Defense class which Mr. Ricardo Staples has been leading for the past few months. Ricky is the drummer in El Gran Combo de San Cristóbal, so I'm sure he looks familiar to Dance Party Regulars. Since the Closura took place after choir practice, the Senior Choir was in attendance. The Closura was late getting started, as member of the class had been sent to buy some grapes and had some trouble getting back to the church. Folks sat around talking, and Caminante got to know members of the choir.

Ricky and his class (including the Lovely Mona) gave a presentation of various Tai Chi routines and some self-defense methods. Everyone's favorite involved an umbrella and a taxista who had no interest in taking his fare to her destination.

After the presentation certificates were distributed, and then we had a very nice repast. Then the Lovely Mona, Caminante, and Padre hit the road for la Rectoría, for an evening of dinner, conversation, and Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito blogging.

Caminante has been in a meeting all day; I'm hoping she will be able to post later this evening.
CAMINANTE UPDATE: Caminante is having nothing but trouble with her internet access and can't keep on blogger for any decent length of time, so she asked me to let you all know that she will post once she gets back to Vermont. I know that I can't wait to see her posts and photos.

Los fótos:

Folks waiting for the Closura to begin (yes, that is Caminante, second from the left)


More folks waiting.


The Presentation:

A Tai Chi routine




No, they aren't waiting to start a soft-shoe routine, this is a self-defense routine using paraguas




The Taxista Skit

Padre Mickey presents a certificate to one of the instructors.

2 comments:

Caminante said...

Just out of our meeting, whew. The competencia is on. I will start downloading photos and get as far as I can get.

Saint Pat said...

I think it's so cool y'all are having a chance to meet and hang out! Have a great time.

I have my own mola hanging on my living room wall.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign