Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. You And Me Neil Young
2. Morning Bell/Amnesiac Radiohead
3. We Got The Beat The Go Go's
4. Purple Toupee They Might Be Giants
5. Harmony In My Head The Buzcocks
6. Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution) Elvis Costello
7. Girl's Eyes The Who
8. Let's Spend The Night Together David Bowie
9. Cyclops Rock They Might Be Giants
10. The Fat Lady Of Limbourg Brian Eno

We're a bit late today, as I spent the day leading a retreat at Iglesia San Mateo. Sorry 'bout dat.

Geez, all pop! When I use the iTunes on my e-Mac en la oficina, I get all kinda polyphonic chant and hymns and gospel n stuff. I likes alla dis. We Got The Beat is not the album version, but the Stiff Records single, when the girls were chubby and the music raw, but the video is A&M Go Go's. You can't go wrong with the Buzzcocks, of course, and both cuts by TMBG are faves. The Elvis song is cool (and that bee in the TMBGs video is on the cover of the Elvis cd), and the Who song is an out-take from The Who Sells Out. The lyrics are approriately inane. I love Bowie's version of the Stone's classic, especially when the music stops and he says, "They said that we were too young, that our kind of love was no fun. But our love comes from above. Let's make love. hoot!" And, we loves us some Brian Eno allada time.

Gotta go work on the Peanut thang, and hope and pray that the innertoobs connection will stay on long enough for me to upload.

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign