Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Random Top Ten


























Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Get Over You The Undertones
2. The Signs Of The Times The Belle Stars
3. I Believe In You Neil Young
4. Safe European Home The Clash
5. Get Behind The Mule Tom Waits
6. Moss Garden David Bowie
7. Bridge Over Troubled Waters Simon and Garfunkel
8. Ball And Chain XTC
9. Canticle: Magnificat Anima Mea/O Rubor Anguinis (Hildegard von Bingen: Chants for the Feast of St. Ursula) Anonymous 4
10. Enola Gay Orchestral Manoeuvers In The Dark

Friday Random Top Ten is invaded by the 80's! We open and end with stuff from that era. I will admit that I was tempted to stop after #5, as that is my favoritest Clash song and I didn't think anything better would appear, but I was wrong; there was plenty good stuff to follow. I'd never seen that XTC video, so that was worthwhile, too. AND nine of the songs have videos!

Waddaya listening to? Please post your lists in the comments.

3 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Using your rule, I would have stopped at Get Behind The Mule. Your mileage may vary.

Tara Mobley said...

That XTC video was pretty cool. I also just loved the energy in both the Undertones clip and the Clash one.

Stephen Kimball said...

I also, really love Safe European Home. Give 'Em Enough Rope was the first Clash record I owned. And I was forever hooked.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign