Saturday, October 16, 2010

R.I.P. General Johnson

Geez, last week Solomon Burke passed on, and today we lost General Johnson. The story on General Johnson which appeared on Weekend Edition or whatever the heck they call the Saturday morning NPR show only concentrated on his work with The Chairmen of the Board, but he wrote lots of hits for others. I love his vocal on Give Me Just A Little More Time, although I must admit that when I first heard it way back when I was wondering what was wrong with that man! Here's a YouTube video of that song.


He wrote lots of great stuff which charted with other acts, such as Want Ads and Stick-up for Honey Cone and Bring The Boys Home for Frieda Payne. And he wrote Patches which was a chart-topper for Clarence Carter. I must confess that Patches always cracks me up, which makes me an evil man, but, watcha gonna do?


May the gates of heaven open wide to receive General and may light perpetual shine upon him!

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign