Monday, December 11, 2006

A Cartoon

I haven't had a chance to do much posting today. One reason is that I am not very inspired today. The other reason is that I have spent the day in a death match with my computer. The mac mini which we use at home decided to act up on Saturday. It was working fine in the morning. We had to be at the church at 12:30 to rehearse with the Youth Choir, and, it being a stormy day and hearing not too distant thunder, I shut everything down. When we returned home two and a half hours later, I turned on the computer and went into the kitchen. When I returned to the office I had a black screen with the message: "Darwin/SBD (michael-dresbach's-mac-mini-loca.) console. log in:" I tried logging in and it would go to the OS/X log on screen. I entered my password and it returned to the blackscreen and the "Darwin/SBD" thang. I tried several times, same thing each time. Re-booted, turned it off, disconnected and reconnected everything and turned it back on. Same thing. Went to the church and brought the eMac home so that Mona could do her school work. Tried making calls for tech support but no luck. I finally took the mac mini in to a tech today. It should be returned tomorrow, Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise (which is highly probable with all this rain). THEN when I got home the eMac decided that it does not want to recognize the printer. I used many profanities and it STILL did'nt work! And tomorrow I must spend the day at Clericus with my Colleagues. This meeting can last forever; I have a few colleagues who won't STFU and offer their learned opinions on EVERY DAMN SUBJECT, so I should be chock full o Christian Love tomorrow.
Anyway, here's a cartoon.
cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.



I'm outta here!

6 comments:

Luiz Coelho said...

¡Hola padre!

That's sad... Normally macs are people's best friends.

Your parish seems to be awesome. Why don't you create a website for it? I left elsewhere my parish' site. Have you seen it?

To Leonardo: I sent you an e-mail already, but yahoo normally classifies my messages as "spam". I am 100% sure it did it again. But I sent you the e-mail.

Blessings to all!

Padre Mickey said...

Hi Luiz. Yes, I visited your parish website; it is really nice! Maybe I should have you do the site for my parish! But for now, I'l lkeep posting Mona's photos.

I've never had trouble with macs before. I've been using them since Matty Boy introduced me to the very first little mac way back when. We used to use it to make flyers for our band, The Wonders Of Science.

Luiz Coelho said...

The Wonders Of Science...

Cool!

Anonymous said...

This is terrible! Or Wonderful, depending on your view of things.

Just the mention of the name The Wonders of Science, and unbidden, the song "Illuminati" is now #1 on my brain's personal iPod list, being played on repeat... on repeat... on repeat...

At least it has a catchy beat and you can dance to it.

(Only four or five people reading this blog have heard the tune, so I can't spread this musical virus very far.)

Anonymous said...

And I happen to be one of them, Matty. Thanks a lot.

Caminante said...

Sigh, I have been using Macs since 1988 and for the first time, I have been betrayed by my iBook, which died last month while I was in Chicago at Executive Council. It now lagst en todesbaden, that is in death's deep grips, having been sent back to Apple for $$$$$$$ repairs to replace the logic board. My sympathies. (Typed on my Mac G4.)

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign