Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Acolyte Training Has Started

I'm a bit late getting these photos up; I should have done it on Monday, but I got distracted by trying to figure out how to use iMovie. But I'm catching up!

Last Sunday, 10-10-10, we started Acolyte training for a new group of acolytes. We need to work out the vestment thang; some kids had cassocks which were too large, while one young man could barely move in the cassock he was wearing. Patsy Pusey and Tania Cole are training the acolytes in all the Correct Ritual Movement As Practiced For Years At San Cristóbal. The new crew did quite well: nothing was dropped, nothing broke, and nothing caught fire, which are my requirements for a successful service.

Photos by the Lovely Mona, as usual

3 comments:

Penelopepiscopal said...

That's a pretty stringent set of requirements, Padre! Nothing dropped? I cut my requirements down to two: I didn't fall down, and nothing/nobody caught on fire. In my experience, dropping happens. A lot. Usually by me.

MadPriest said...

Padre. Do you employ corporal punishment when training acolytes or are you one of those wishy washy liberal priests who think you should just reason with them?

Padre Mickey said...

MadPriest, I am a strong believer in the "Thank you, Acolyte Master. May I have another?" school of Acolyte Training. But Ms. Pusey is in charge of punishments and rewards.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign