Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Prayer is your Driver's License, Faith is your Steering Wheel

1. You've Got It Bad,Girl Stevie Wonder
2. Underwater Moonlight Soft Boys
3. Man, It's So Loud In Here They Might Be Giants
4. Ten Feet Tall XTC
5. Surf City Ramones
6. J'ai si bien mon cuer assiz/Aucun m'ont/ANGELUS (Mo. 128) Anonymous 4
7. The Christian's Automobile The Dixie Hummingbirds
8. I Don't Wanna Grow Up Tom Waits
9. Applebite Soundgarden
10. Ball And Biscuit White Stripes

As usual, dat iTunes be all over the place! The piece by the Dixie Hummingbirds is way cool, and since so many Christians read this blog, I thought I would share the lyrics for your edification and spiritual up-lift!

Christian's Automobile (written by J. Archie)

Well you know that every child of God
Is running for Jesus
Every child, every child of God
Running for Jesus
Every child, every child of God
Gotta go running
You know prayer is your driver's license
Oh, faith is your steering wheel

When you get on your road to glory
Satan's gonna try to flag you down
You better keep on driving
If you want your starry crown
You gotta check on your tires
You got a rough road ahead
And when you get weary from your journey
God will put you to bed
You gotta check on your lights
And see your own faults
Stop while you can see them, children
Or your soul will be lost
You gotta check on your generator
You need more strength and power
You can't do nothing without the Man
You need him every hour

Christians, oh Christians press on your starter
And start your automobile
Put in first gear and go on up the hill
Drive on, children, if I never see you no more
I'll see you when I pull in on the other shore
I'm not worried about my parking space
I just want to see my Savior face to face
You know prayer is your driver's license
Faith is your steering wheel

1 comment:

MadPriest said...

Stevie Wonder is the Anti-Soul.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign