Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rest In Peace, Isaac


Gee whiz, Bernie Mac yesterday and Isaac Hayes today. What the heck is going on? I'm afraid to check the news tomorrow.

Isaac Hayes, born in a tin shack, shining shoes as a kid just to survive, music and movie icon. The guy you can blame for the bald look which is so popular wit our yoots. Found dead next to his treadmill. Makes one think twice about exercise, eh?

Yeah, I liked the Theme from Shaft; waddya gonna do about it? My room-mate, Saeed and I used to listen to all that stuff: Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Stevie Wonder, and this weird band called Mandrill. Isaac Hayes is the music of my yoot (along with a bunch a other bands). My litmus test for orthodoxy is whether you liked the Theme From Shaft, cuz there's a special place in hell for those who don't!

I liked Isaac Hayes as Chef on South Park, but I really, really, really loved him as Hammer in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. Just thinking about the scene with him and Chris Rock has me laughing!

Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about? Isaac Hayes! Right on!


5 comments:

Leonard said...

They aren't going anywhere...it's just that you won't be able to see them as well anymore.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Isaac Hayes? O noes! Shut your mouth!

David G. said...

Scientology engulfed Isaac Hayes.

Aghaveagh said...

Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
SHAFT!
Can you dig it?

Yes, I can.

Brother David said...

What happens to Scientologists when they die?

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign