Friday, January 02, 2009

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Us And Them Pink Floyd
2. Build Me Up, Buttercup The Foundations

I think we'll stop right here; it's not going to get any better.
What, Top Ten means Ten? Well, okay grumble grumble

3. Con Mis Manos Bebe
4. Spooky Girlfriend Elvis Costello
5. Little Hitler Nick Lowe
6. I'm A Believer Bram Tchaikovsky (
Monkees Video)
7. Mr. Me They Might Be Giants
8. Como Ves Ozomatli
9. Inevitable Shakira
10. Watch Her Disappear Tom Waits

See, waddeye tell ya? It really didn't get any better than Build Me Up, Buttercup, did it? Cuz ya ain't gonna get much better than that, unless we'd followed it with Love Train or sumpin'. Now, don't get me wrong, the other stuff is really good, but not really on the same level as The Foundations' Greatest Hit. I mean, Bebe and Ozomatli and, well, I'm always up happy to watch Shakira, and, yeah, the others are great cuts, too, well except Mr. Me; that song sucks. I'm still thinking I shoulda stopped at Build Me Up, Buttercup.

Sorry about being so late. I had a two-hour meeting with the Bishop which stretched into four hours. No, I'm not in trouble.

Put yer lists in the comments, porfavor.

2 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Build Me Up, Buttercup is gigantic. A song where the bassline vamp into the chorus is a hook has to be aces.

You know what I mean...
ba-bum, ba-bum, ba-bumpa...

Word verification: prockee!

Brother David said...

I started with I Have a Dream from ABBA, and the iTunes Genius built this from my library.

I Have A Dream - ABBA
I'm Alive - Céline Dion
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
Do It Again - Beach Boys
Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys
Bridge over Troubled Water - Clay Aiken
Beautiful Disaster - Jon McLaughlin
My Heart Will Go On - Céline Dion
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You - Black Kids
Crush - David Archuleta

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign