Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oops!!!

Ya know how it is when ya really screw up? Like, when you're thanking all these people in church for all they do, and you're pretty sure you covered all the guilds and vestry members and the office staff and the sexton and the acolytes and all the musicians and the Chalice Bearers and Lectors and then at two in the morning you sit up and say, "Dang! I forgot the Lay Eucharistic Visitors!" or when you up-date your blogroll and make a big production about how kewl everyone and their blogs are? And then, in your regular evening net-surfing you go to a friend's blog and realize "AH CRAP! I FORGOT TO ADD SPOCKO!!"? Ya know how that is? Well, me too!

Everybody simply must visit Spocko's Brain and read his Most Wonderful Post about people who go to church all the time, hearing about loving their neighbors and how they shall not kill, yet when they go to work they torture and kill their neighbor.

And, Spocko, in answer to your question: We call those people "really stupidly slow learners" and "Republican politicians." You know, the kind of people who, after giving tax cuts to the wealthy for years and years and then seeing the economy collapse believe that the solution to the problem is to give the wealthy more tax cuts!

7 comments:

Robert said...

Thanks for this addition Padre Mickey. I had not bee there before. It is an excellent blog.

spocko said...

Thanks Padre Mickey! And just so your readers know more specifically what I'm talking about here are a couple of audio clips of the self described theocon
Brian Sussman on the number one talk radio show in San Francisco, KSFO, an ABC Radio/Citadel Broadcasting/Disney radio station. Advertisers include Campbell's soup and all the major automobile makers.
http://www.spockosbrain.com/SussmanGeorgeNukeSyriaIranNorthKorean12072006H18M06.wma

http://www.spockosbrain.com/Sussmanselfproclaimedprotorture.wma

http://www.spockosbrain.com/SussmanKSFOonPanettaTorture32blam01072009H16M17.wma

And of course Sean Hannity is a Catholic. It would be GREAT to know the exact Sunday that the Gospel is read where Jesus says Love your Neighbor or love your enemies. Then we could look at what he had to say on the Monday after that! The letter would go something like this:

"Dear Mr. Hannity:

Following Sunday's gospel reading on XX 2009, in which Jesus said to love your enemies (Matthew 5:44,) you proceeded to talk about why Gitmo should not be closed (XX,2009) You have been a Catholic all your life. Since missing mass is a sin and this passage is read at least once a year you have heard this passage at least 40 times.
If you believe that President Obama was impacted by hearing what Rev. Wright said for 20 years, don't you think that you were impacted by what your Lord and saviour said to you via the Gospel once a year for 40 years? Did you miss those Sundays? Did you go to confession for missing those Sundays? Please advise.
Sincerely
Mr. Spocko of Spocko's Brain
and Padre Mickey of Padre Mickey's Dance Party.


--------------
BTW, your word verification is Republican! Why do I think that? The word is palin!

June Butler said...

Spocko! Are you the same Spocko that I worked with on gutting a house in New Orleans? Hi, if you are. And I should give you a link, too.

Padre Mickey said...

Geez, Abuelita! One would think you'd remember those ears. . .

June Butler said...

Oh yes! Of course, I should have. Except he don't really look like that.

spocko said...

Hi Grandma Mimi. You probably know me from First-Draft (Athenae's place) she organized a krewe to gut a house in New Orleans. I couldn't attend but I sent enough dust masks and bunny suits for the whole team. I was worried about people getting mold in their lungs so I sent some science stuff to help them out.

You probably met Spork, who I believe attended.

My name might have come up because I sent the filters people wore.
I do wish I could have attended.

June Butler said...

Spocko, you're right! Spork it was. In truth, Spork, Spocko, what's the difference? I remember that we were told about your generosity in donating the supplies so that we wouldn't die from gutting the house.

The all-in-one outfits were adorable. We belonged on the runway, instead of doing dirty work. I thought I might get claustrophobia from the mask, (it was really more than a mask!) but it was OK, as OK as a contraption like that can be. It's probably thanks to you that I'm here to tell the tale.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign