Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11, 2001

I don't have much to say about this date. My experience, being outside of the U.S. was very different than that of those of you in New York City and Washington, D.C. I didn't even watch much of the coverage on T.V. as they kept showing the same thing over and over, which seemed to me to add to the trauma. Some members of our congregation of St. Christopher's lost family members in the tragedy, so it wasn't simply an estadoünidense tragedy; people from all over the world died in those planes and towers.

I think that TELP has a great meditation about that day.
Revda. Elizabeth Kaeton's post


St. Mychal Judge

1 comment:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Yes, I think you're right.

This was not just "America under attack", as the headlines (bootomlines) read on the Telly, not even in principle. People from all over the World worked in those towers, some illegaly. Their numbers have not been counted.

It was an attack on the whole World, on Modernity, on Modern communications, by some rather privileged guys who were much more part of Modernity (pilot's licenses)than I ever will be (poor eye sight).

I was at Halmstad, visiting my brother and his family. From the windows we saw another World Trade Center tower, the one in Halmstad.

The night before we had been looking at another of those Catastrophic films - about High Jacking. A fellow sought revenge for some reason (or none) and tried to make a number of aeroplanes go down.

Very American, very unrealistic, we said to ourselves. And the next morning when we put the TV on again...

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign