Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Laus Trinitati (Hildegard von Bingen) Sequentia
2. Antiphon from Lauds of the Martyrs at Eastertide Monastic Choir of the Abbey of St. Peter, Solemes
3. Bring Back The Past Roky Erickson with Okkervil River
4. I Believe In Nothing Vivian Girls
5. Airport The Motors
6. Here's A Health To The Company (Drinking Song) The Chieftains
7. I Hate Heaven The Residents
8. The Day They Might Be Giants
9. Pulchare Sunt Genae Tuae (Palestrina) The Hilliard Ensemble
10. Positive Vibrations The Soft Boys

Well, that's one hella weird list! I pushed the "shuffle" after returning from blessing three homes, so I guess I was still exuding the odour of holiness and the shuffle went into some polyphony and plainchant. The Roky cut is from his newest album, which does not contain songs about aliens, zombies, and the devil. Vivian Girls is my favorite Girl Band right now. Ya can't go wrong with the Motors but I could do without the Cheiftains numbah, as well as the They Might Be Giants numbah, también. The Residents' song comes from their album Wormwood: Curious Stories From The Bible and is based on The Song of Solomon. Then we go all holy again with Palestrina and the Soft Boys and their Positive Vibrations. The first video is not Sequentia, but it is the correct piece. The Vivian Girls video is an acoustic guitar version of I Believe In Nothing. The Residents' video is interesting, to say the least!

Watchoo listenin' to?

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign