Friday, May 16, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. Te Lucis Ante Terminum (Tallis) Theatre of Voices & The Kings Noyse
2. Girl's Eyes The Who
3. La Cravate A Ziggy Zag BeauSoleil
4. Watchin' Girl Shonen Knife
5. Pidgin English Elvis Costello and the Attractions
6. Spiritus Sanctus Vivificans Vite (Hildegard von Bingen) Sequentia
7. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide David Bowie
8. Humble Daisy XTC
9. September Song (Kurt Weill) Lou Reed
10. Wedding Song The Psychedelic Furs
Off to a slow start, but then picks up a bit with that number by the Who. Actually, the second track has some of the WORST lyrics ever heard in a Who song: Girl's eyes, butterflies, how she cries, can't get through to you
She knows all the charts, breaks her heart, thinks a lot of you. Yuck! At least we had a little Zydeco to wash the icky lyric yuck from our ears. The Shonen Knife song is great; who doesn't love a song with a chorus like "Uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda Wacheen Garu! Uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda uda Wacheen Garu!" What's not to love? All the other stuff is great, EXCEPT I gotsta say that el numero nueve es muy aborido (very boring). It's from a great PBS special, September Songs: The Music of Kurt Weill All kindsa musicians doing all kindsa great and interesting versions of Kurt Weill' music, except for Lou Reed who sleeps his way through the song. Very sad. One would expect Lou Reed to do something very interesting or at least disturbing, but no, Mr. Velvet Underground, Mr. Sweet Jane, Mr. Heroin (it's my wife and it's my life) gives us the sleepy-time-express version! And, amazingly enough, the shuffle chose the last song for all our GLBT friends in California who are thinkin' 'bout goin' to the Chapel.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign