Friday, November 23, 2007
Friday Random Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances
1. Making Plans Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris
2. Baptize Me The Rev. J.M. Gates & Congregation
3. Spon-Gen A Cruel Hoax
4. Holy Manna Anonymous 4
5. Love, Reign O'er Me The Who
6. It's Rainin' Kirk Franklin & God's Property
7. Big In Japan Tom Waits
8. Icky Thump The White Stripes
9. Quam Pulchri Unt Gressus Tui (Palestrina) Hilliard Ensemble
10. Raglan Road The Chieftains with Joan Osborne
It appears that the shuffle got religion sometime since last week; almost half the songs on this week's list are religious in nature. #2 is an incredible field recording of the Rev. J.M. Gates and his congregation singing as they baptize folks. The pastor sings questions to the baptizand, and then the entire congregation responds "Take me to the water; take me to the water and baptize me." It's really something! #3 is a song Matty Boy and I wrote many years ago, and this recording is by A Cruel Hoax, the band I formed after The Wonders of Science. This version of the song is kinda Bow-Wow-Wowy.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign