Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Hit The Floor Earth Quake
2. Life Begins At The Hop XTC
3. Can't Seem To Make You Mine RAMONES!
4. Road Movie To Berlin They Might Be Giants
5. Cowgirl In The Sand Neil Young
6. Hero Worship The B-52's
7. Telling Me Lies Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris
8. Cold Sweat James Brown
9. Mister Misery The Residents
10. Nunc Quadeant Materna (Hildegard von Bingen) Sequentia

Okay, that first song is really terrible. Earth Quake was one of the worst bands to come out of the SF Bay Area, almost as bad as Journey. But the list is redeemed because all the other songs are great! The Ramones' cover of the Seed's song is just wonderful; Joey does these little hiccups at the end of each line. Life Begins At The Hop is one of my favorite XTC songs. I loves me all the other songs on this list, but I gotsta say that I was a little weirded-out when the Residents' Mister Misery (a song about the prophet Jeremiah) was followed by Sequentia singing Hildegard von Bingen.

Well, I took my chances. . .

1 comment:

Caminante said...

Yeah but Neil Young will always redeem a list and Cowgirl in the Sand is one of the classics.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign