Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, Gallito Mescalito; thanks to everyone's generosity, we have a new camera and don't have to recycle photos!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!



Padre Mickey, behind the camera Yeah, this camera is great! Look how close it can get!!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Er, yes, very nice. Please take that out of my face.



Padre Mickey, behind the camera Look how close I can get to Gallito Mescalito!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!



Padre Mickey, behind the camera And even closer....
Gallito Mescalito Er, ¡¡shurrriiiieeeek!!



Padre Mickey, behind the camera Whoops! Too close!!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡SSHHHRRRIIIEEEEEEKKK!!!



Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Hey dere, fellas! 'sup wit da screamin'?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Hello, Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy! We were just talking about the new camera.
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!



Padre Mickey, behind the camera Hey cat! Look how close I can get with the camera!
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Dat's close enuf, pal! Git dat ting outta my face!!



Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Hi, boys!
Everyone, in one voice Good evening, Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love! How are you this evening?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love I'm feeling fine, boys, just fine. What are you all talking about?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank We're discussing the new camera.



Padre Mickey, behind the camera It's great! I can get really wonderful close-ups!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Kindly remove that lens from my face, Reverend sir! I am a lady!
Padre Mickey, behind the camera Sorry! It's just such A GREAT CAMERA!



Mighty Moose of Vermont and ¡El Penguino! Saludos a todos. 'sup with you folks?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Padre is annoying everyone with his new camera.



Padre Mickey, behind the camera I can get a really clear closeup of you for the first time, ¡El Penguino!
¡El Penguino! ¡Chuletas! You're gonna break my beak with that lens! Back-off!!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Hi everyone. You haven't seen Chompita, have you?
Mighty Moose of Vermont No, I think you're safe up here.
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House What's going on?
¡El Penguino! Padre has a new camera and he's making a pest of himself!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Well, that means nothing has changed since he got back!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Hey! What are you doing?!?
Padre Mickey, behind the camera We're ready for your close-up, Mr. Bunrab!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House If I wasn't lacking the strength of a wet rag I'd smack you, bud!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House You know, I've had a hankering for some mangos, and this is the time of year for them!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love I've been wanting some marañónes. It's the right season for them, too!
¡El Penguino! Hey! How do they say "marañón" in English?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Cashew
¡El Penguino! Gesundheit! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank So how do you two plan to satisfy your fresh fruit cravings? There are no mango or marañón trees in the house.
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Well I hoid dat dere wuz sum mangos and marañónes on one miracle tree, an it's out dere in da yahd. I say we go fine it and eat da froots!
Todos ¡Vamanos!

Narrator And so our friends faced their first obstacle: Getting off of the T.V. tray which serves as their photo stage.


Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Come on, youse guys! Jus' jump! We all did it!!! Nuffin' ta worry 'bout!!



Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Are you guys crazy? I'll shatter if I hit the floor wrong!
¡El Penguino! Who's gonna catch me if I bounce?
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House I'm goin' over the edge, guys.



Red Mr. Peanut Bank I believe the front door is down this hall, everyone!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Er, is that Chompita walking besides us? I'm getting nervous!
Mighty Moose of Vermont She seems to be ignoring you. Just keep quiet and she won't notice!



Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy I tink I sees da front doah!



Red Mr. Peanut Bank Here we go, out the front door and into the patio!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!



Narrator And so our intrepid crew began the next step in their Amazing Journey to the Magic Mango/Marañón Tree!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Why is Chompita in this photo?



¡El Penguino! There! In the distance! I think I see the fruit glowing in the grass under the tree!



Mighty Moose of VermontYes! I see them, too! They're beautiful!



Todos WE MADE IT!!! WE FOUND THE MAGIC TREE!!!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Help me get up there!
¡El Penguino! Don't be a baby; you can climb up!



Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy See, jes' like I tole you!! Look at all dat froot!!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank I must say that I'm quite surprised by all these mangos and marañónes.



Mighty Moose of Vermont Look at the size of those mangos!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shrriiieeekkk!!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Somebody placed the fruit there, you guys. There is no way they came from that plant.



Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love That's not a magic tree! It's not even a tree, it's a veranera. It's a flowering plant, not a fruit-bearing tree! Someone placed that fruit there as a joke and you're all falling for it!!!



¡El Penguino! You know, Bunrab has looked so thin since Chompita yanked all the stuffing out of him. We should stuff him with mangos and fill him up!



Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House I don't know, guys. I don't I like this idea.



¡El Penguino! Well, I guess the mangos are too big. Let's stuff him with this marañón!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Please! No!



¡El Penguino! See! Look how much healthier he looks stuffed with the marañón! He's the picture of health!
Padre Mickey, behind the camera Yeah! And I can get a great close-up of the two of you!!!
¡El Penguino! Get that outta my face or you're gonna lose a finger or even an eye!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House Moan!



Padre Mickey, behind the camera GREAT SHOT!!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡SSHHHRRRIIIEEEEEEKKK!!!

8 comments:

Dennis said...

Let's see. New change in the environment (the new camera) is a call that leads the heroes to undertake a dangerous journey to the magic tree where one of the characters begins to find wholeness again...

Joseph Campbell would be proud!

Paul said...

I wuz gonna make some cheesy comment but Dennis raised da tone so high I'll just say it's nice ta see da gang again. Wid a little luck da good padre will remember wut he learned about good boundaries.

Caminante said...

Great depth of field! What camera did you end up buying?

Mr Red Peanut looks almost scary up close.

Padre Mickey said...

Caminante, it's a Lumix DMC-FX100.

Thanks, Dennis and Paul.

June Butler said...

Poor Mr. Peanut Bank has bags under his eyes. I never knew that before the sharp pictures from the new camera. Is he upset that we all know?

Fran said...

Loving this whole outdoors on location with mangoes thing. Very nice touch and the new camera - que bueno!

Kirkepiscatoid said...

The new camera is magnifico...even if you are annoying the hell out of your cast with it. But stop putting Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love in such precarious situations! She IS a hippo, you know, and not terribly agile...

Anonymous said...

I was late for the OPENING Friday Night...well, there was that dinner party and then there was the trip to the mercado on Saturday (with a plastic baggie of sliced mangos with chili powder...so good) and then the dinner party on Saturday night...I've had house guests from Woodside and I've been saying lots and lots of mean things (how I do go on) at Fr. Jakes (where Padre just placed a link the likes of a land mine...smile)...so, all in all, I've been in a whirl and I'm so happy to get grounded here with all my familar faces...the ones I adore.

Elwish Evereadi Windithorp-Horowitzing Perezizz

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign