Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dignity Returned To The White House


Well, I suppose I should be used to this by now, but I am amazed (and aghast!) by this discussion between the Prez'nit of the Newited Skates and the President of the Philippine Islands, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo today:

PRESIDENT BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that -- in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT ARROYO: Yes.

PRESIDENT BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.

PRESIDENT ARROYO: Thank you.

You can read the entire transcript here, if you dare.

I imagine a discussion with President Pervez Musharraf:

PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. President, I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Pakistan-Americans every time I visit the 7-11! (Laughter). And the great talent of our Sikh-Americans when I take a taxi in New York City! (Even more laughter) And the really great talent of our African-Americans when watching sports!! (Choking laughter followed by falling off the couch)

PRESIDENT MUSHARRAF: Thank you, Mr. President; you are such a card!

PRESIDENT BUSH: Hey Pervy; Pull my finger!!!

PRESIDENT MUSHARRAF: No, thank you, Mr. President. May we talk about the problems at the Afghan-Pakistan border now?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Oh, c'mon, Pervy; Pull my finger! PULL MY FINGER!!

-END OF TRANSCrIPT-

6 comments:

Jane R said...

UN-believable.

Fran said...

Holy crap.

Imagine if Ju Hintao were there, he could tell him that Laura and the girls "love them good low priced mani -pedis down at Magic Nail."

Ugh I loathe him. I loathe him.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Sometimes I think about Dan Quayle. People used to mock him as being dumb, but honestly, he made a few grammar mistakes and the press tagged him and looked for anything they could.

Bush, on the other hand, proves what kind of person he is day after day after day. He is everything that is wrong with wealth and privilege. He is Paris Hilton without the nice legs.

And that some of his supporters think of him as "a good Christian man" just makes it worse.

Jane R said...

He is Paris Hilton without the nice legs.

Quote of the Day Award to Matty Boy!

Leonard said...

Can't anybody get this murderous creep to shut the f*ck up? Oh well, the Republicans will eat it for this a more, much more.

DivaJood said...

Oh, my god, this is perfect. How did this ijit get into the White House? Oh, I forgot. He stole the elections.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign