Friday, June 06, 2008

Panama Project Day 5 - Friday of Orientation Week

Today was the last day of Orientation Week. Tomorrow our seminarians will be delivered to their Field Sites where they will spend the next ten days learning about Anglicanism in a Panamanian Context in el Interiór. Walter Smith and I will be visiting them at their sites, and when Revda. Nancy Eswein arrives, she'll join us. We'll pick them up on June 18 and take them to Playa Santa Clara for debriefing. Pray for Dustin, Linda, and Vivian and their work.

Today we visited the Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal. The seminaristas visited the museum and watched a lockage while Walter and I planned their next few days. So I didn't get any photos of what they saw, but I did some photos from where we were sitting. After lunch I talked about the Episcopal Church in Panama, and we also watched The Good Shepherd from the DVD Windows On Mission.

Here are the photos:

A School Field Trip watches a ship in lockage





Ships in the locks



The Control Room


Canonigo Walter Smith expounds on los Diablitos Sucios and los Diablitos Limpios. Project participants are enthralled.

1 comment:

June Butler said...

I went through the Canal on a cruise ship. It was quite an experience.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign