Monday, June 23, 2008

List of the Banned


Well, the Most Holy and Blessed Folks at GAFCON have a list of Dangerous Heretics to be denied entry into their Hallowed Halls: Bishop O'Neil of Colorado (who was invited by Bishop Suheil Dawani, Primado of Jerusalem), Davis MacIyalla, Colin Coward, Louie Crew, Susan Russell, Scott Gunn, and Robert and Deborah Edmunds (Padre Robert is serving as Bishop Dawani's chaplain). Delegates to GAFCON are to begin singing "All Hail The Power Of Jesus' Name" if any of the banned appear on the premises.

A new Facebook Group, I Want To Be Banned By GAFCON, Too! has been started and, at this writing, has 68 members. A topic of discussion at the Discussion Board on said site is: What hymn (or other song) should be sung when YOU disrupt GAFCON? I chose Hymn #407 from The Hymnal (1940). Aware that you folks may not have a copy of this August Hymnal, I print the text below:

#407 (Hymnal 1940)

O Jesus, thou art standing, Outside the fast-closed door,
In lowly patience waiting to pass the thresh-old o'er:
Shame on us, Christian brothers, His Name and sign we bear,
O shame, thrice shame upon us, To keep him standing there!

O Jesus, thou art knocking: And lo! that hand is scarred,
And thorns thy brow encircle, And tear thy face have marred;
O love that passeth knowledge, So patiently to wait!
O sin that hath no equal,, So fast to bar the gate!

O Jesus, thou art pleading in accents meek and low:
"I died for you, my children, and will ye treat me so?"
O Lord, with shame and sorrow we open now the door:
Dear Saviour, enter, enter, and leave us nevermore.

I must say that, although there is not a chance in Hades that I would appear at GAFCON, I believe I should have been banned because of Friday night's Musical. Of course, this blog has low visibility amongst the Holy Donatists, which is probably for the better.

2 comments:

Fran said...

clap clap clap claP claP claP clAP clAP clAP cLAP cLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Bravo Padre, bravo.

My church has so many of its own screwed up prollums but I do walk in solidarity with you all on this one.

Great hymn, great hymn.

As my own Padre here in Smalbania (the one place it may make actual sense to stay Cat-lick) often says "Jesus condemns no one. NO ONE. NO ONE."

He says that a lot. Good on him.

I think he'd be banned too.

Paul said...

Great hymn choice, Padre!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign