Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten

Top Twelve Album Cover, But A Top Ten List


Yeah, we're posting early today as I have a funeral in a half hour.
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. Here Comes That Feeling Squeeze
2. Psalmus 1 (Monteverdi) Taverner Consort
3. Over You Roxy Music
4. Yahoooo!!! Frontier Wives
5. Whine & Grine/Stand Down Margaret The Beat
6. Run Run Run Velvet Underground
7. Can't You Find Another Way (Of Doing It) Sam & Dave
8. Song X Neil Young
9. King's Lead Hat Brian Eno
10. Maybe Tomorrow Badfinger (The Iveys)

Off to an interesting song with Squeeze; I must say that I was surprised there was no video on YouTube. A little Monteverdi to remind us that this IS a religious blog, sometimes. The Frontier Wives were founding members of the First Strike Musicians' Collective in San José, CA, and we did a compilation album San Jose Is Ground Zero: We're Number ! around 1985. The album featured Frontier Wives, the Kingpins, Social Club, and A Cruel Hoax (my band). I think that a version of the Frontier Wives still exists in the Bay Area. It was always fun hangin' out with Scott and Matt, and the original drummer for A Cruel Hoax, Lex Vanden Burgh (who was on the third season of Survivor) ended up in Frontier Wives. Lex was also in The Wonders of Science with me and Matty Boy. But I digress. . . Everything else on the list is fine, especially that Iveys/Bandinger song at the end.

So, watcha listenin' to? Please post your top ten lists in the comments.

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign