Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Blast From The Past



This is a photo from Padre's childhood. (from left to right) My little brother, Jimmy; my sister, Melanie; and me, Mykel Tykel (as my mom called me then) with our Amah Shigeiko-san, on vacation in Okuma, Okinawa, heading for the beach, probably around 1962. Jimmy is probably 3 years-old; Melanie, about 5 1/2, and I'm probably 7 years-old. I've always liked this photo, and my sister Melanie gave me a copy when I was visiting in January. Thanks to my dear friend Janet Levi for scanning it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, where do I go vote for the "Most Adorable Family" Photo on-line contest?

You win Padre Mickeyness!

Love to you and yours,

Leonardo Ricardo (who caught your rainy season...finally!)

Matthew Hubbard said...

I got some pitchurs like this, except I'm the baby, so you gotta love me!

Very nice.

June Butler said...

More cute overload - human version.

Padre, you look full of mischief already. I'll bet you lorded it over your younger siblings and gave them a hard time.

Jane R said...

I can see that rock 'n roll energy already!

Looks like one happy bunch of kids.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, how cute are you and your sibs? The Cutest!

PseudoPiskie said...

Are we all now challenged to dig out our old photos? How can we possibly compete?

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign