Saturday, June 23, 2007

D'oh! I've Been Tagged!


St. Pat has tagged me in the latest meme. I've learned my lesson! I guess I have to give up my double standard in which I tag folks but don't want to be tagged. The rules are as follows:

1. Those tagged will share 5 Things They Dig About Jesus.
2. Those tagged will tag 5 people.
3. Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what's being posted.

Even though I am a musician, I don't use the word "dig" unless I am discussing moving dirt or looking for something on my desk, in which case I say "archaeological dig." Does St. Pat mean "dig" in the sense of what I "like" about Jesus, or in the sense of what I "understand" about Jesus? I understand that "dig" has both meanings in hipster parlance. Oh, well, I'll give this a try.

1. Jesus, the Logos, became human and lived among us.

2. He didn't turn away the outcast and loved them as much as he loved the decent, reputable folks, maybe even more.

3. His obedience to his Father brought us eternal life.

4. He wasn't vegetarian a fussy eater.

5. He didn't worry about his reputation and spent time with winebibbers and the like.

I'm not tagging anyone as the Lovely Mona, Señorita Chompita Wiggletail, and maybe even The Boys (oh yeah, I'm going too!) are going on vacation for about twelve days, and we won't have internet access. I'll be turning off the comments tomorrow afternoon, 'cuz I don't want that guy from White Plains to filthy-up the place while we're gone. Read all them blogs on the blogroll over on the right-hand side of this page, except Wounded Bird, as Grandmére Mimi is on vacation, too (It's what all the coooool kids are doing!).

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign