Friday, July 04, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten (Independence Day Edition)
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. La Sonrisa Canto A La Amistad
2. Antiphona II (Monteverde's "Vespro della Beata Vergine) Tavener Consort
3. Married Woman Combos Nacionales
4. Pulchra es amica mea (Palestrina) The Hilliard Ensemble
5. Electricity Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
6. Salvator mundi, Salva nos II (Tallis) The Tallis Scholars
7. Gloria IX (7th Mode) Monastic Choir of the Abbey of St. Peter, Solemnes
8. Tumbling Dice The Rolling Stones
9. Helpless Dancer The Who
10. A Big Surprise Sparks
Wow! That is one horrible list! Pop song - polyphonic chant - pop song - polyphonic chant - pop song, etc, and then, outta no where, the shuffle decides that it is not the iTunes on Padre's computer at la oficina, but Fred Schwarz's Early 1970's shuffle! 'sup wid dat? AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN WORSE there isn't even one estadoünidense act on the entire list, and it's Día de Independencia en los Estados Unidos de América! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!! So, we'll try again, and use Matty Boy's method of skipping over everything that is not estadoünidense.
We pushes "shuffle" and takes control, like good 'Muricans:
1. Every Time I feel The Spirit The Pilgrim Travellers
2. Lookin' For Another Pure Love Stevie Wonder
3. Mother's Last Word to Her Son Washington Phillips
4. Western Wall Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris
5. I Hate Heaven The Residents
6. Automatic Stop The Strokes
7. Starving In The Belly Of A Whale Tom Waits
8. Sweet Spirit Kirk Franklin and God's Property
9. Teenage Lobotomy RAMONES!!!!
10. Love To Burn Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Big Fourth o' July Bonus number 11: Fingertips They Might Be Giants
Okay, THAT's more like it! Wow! I didn't realize how Brit-and-Latin-American-heavy my iTunes collection is. The majority of the U.S.A.ian artists on my iTunes are Gospel Musicians, or at least that is the impression one would get from this shuffle list. Makes ya think, huh? Makes ya think that I'm sure glad that God made the Ramones and that they were estadoünidense. Now go eat some hot dogs. And then post your own Top Ten in the comments.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign