Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Random Top Ten (with bonus eight!)


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. We Are Journeying On Price Family Sacred Singers
2. Lamentations Of Jeremiah (Tallis) The Choir of King's College, Cambridge
3. Myxomatosis (Judge, Jury & Executioner) Radiohead
4. I Shall be Released The Band with Bob Dylan
5. Hymnus (Monteverde) Taverner consort
6. It's The Time To Disco Vasundhara Das, KK, Shaan, & Loy Mendonsa
7. Let Him Dangle Elvis Costello
8. Deliver Us From The Elements XTC
9. Lonely Boy Steve Jones
10. Show Me Dexys Midnight Runners

Well, I think this is one weird list! Going from old-timey Gospel to real old-timey Tommy Tallis to (eventually) Monteverde's Vespro della Beata Vergine! Also, not my favorite Bollywood song but it is from one of my favorite Bollywood films Kal Ho Naa Ho. Obscure Sex Pistoly-thang and Dexy's Midnight Runners before they started to Toora Loora Toora Looray Ley. You should watch the video; it reminds me of how much the Lovely Mona despised Our Kev!

To be honest, I really prefer the shuffle the iTouch played during my walk to the parish this morning:

1. I'm A Police Car Larry Wallis
2. Constantinople The Residents
3. ESP The Buzzcocks
4. This Old Heart Of Mine Tammi Terrell
5. Drivin' Sister Mott The Hoople
6. Don't Touch Me There The Tubes
7. Eleanor The Turtles
8. Anthrax Gang Of Four
Every song is totally cool!

So, waddaya listenin' to? If so inclined, please leave lists in the comments.

9 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Just posted mine.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I agree. Second list is cooler.

June Butler said...

No list from me, Padre. You criticized my list last Friday.

MadPriest said...

Wow, yes. That second list rocks.

I went to see the Pink Fairies once. They were supporting XTC (complete with Barry Andrews) at Kettering Corn Exchange. Bet you wish you'd been there!

Padre Mickey said...

Geez, Grandmère, I was just kidding. I think you're simply using my comment as an excuse because you don't want to post music lists. So you don't have any Shakira? Waddaya think the iTunes store is for? So thin-skinned.

And you, a Grandmother!

June Butler said...

Padre, I know that you were kidding. It's just that so many of my friends out there in Blogland have such cool music tastes, that I feel that when I show my music lists, I'm exposing myself in all my uncoolness.

Padre Mickey said...

Well, speaking for myself, I think you're way cool. And a person of your stature shouldn't worry about what other people think about anything.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

MadPriest said...

Creep!

June Butler said...

Padre, thank you! You're a sweetie. I have a soft spot for men with little hair on top of their heads. The shiny pate is waaaay cool. The Lovely Mona should worry.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign