Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, it's Thanksgiving Day again, the only estadoünidense holiday the Lovely Mona and I still celebrate. We'll be having our extended family over for turkey and all the trimmins' (as the kids say) on Friday, as today is not a holiday in Panamá and everybody is working. Tomorrow, however, is an official day off in honor of Día de Independencia de España, which actually takes place on Saturday. So it all works out! Another member of the family will be missing from the table this year, and that's tough for us all. I give thanks for the friendship of both Janet and Elizabeth and really miss them both.

I'm thankful for so much, especially for the Dance Party community and your generosity in helping fund our sabbatical this year and for helping us purchase this computer. I'm thankful for all your thoughtful and clever comments and for meeting the East Coast Contingent earlier this year. I'm thankful that we got to meet so many blogger friends, and it's always good to see Matty Boy. I'm even thankful for FaceBook onnacounna I've found many old friends from the old days. I'm thankful that we were able to spend time with Miss Bebé and her parents, and her auntie and cousins in Boston. I'm thankful that we were able to spend time with our parents and siblings and their families and our cousins and nephews and nieces and for the fact that they all live some 3287 miles away, more or less.

And now, the traditional and offical Dance Party Favorite Thanksgiving Day Message:

"You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now, my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the roadsides. You will play golf and enjoy hot hors d'oeuvres. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They have said, "Do not trust the pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller. And for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground."
Wednesday Addams in Addams' Family Values

2 comments:

susan s. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you both. I am thankful I was able to take you not once but twice all the way to The Holyland while you were here!

Caminante said...

Hey Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your dinner and then write us some more cool stuff on your Mac (que viva).

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign