Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekend Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging

A Word From the Mangagement: Since I can't always get this up and posted on Fridays, we will now call this feature Weekend Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging. Of course, you can call it whatever you want.


The Lovely Mona Hey gang! Tomorrow is the Altar Guild Bake Sale. Do you want to help me make something?
Everyone, in one voice YES!!! Wadda we gonna make?
The Lovely Mona Let's make Pumpkin Bread, although everyone here calls it Pumpkin Cake.
Everyone, in one voice YAY!!! PUNKIN' CEK!!!!!


Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Say theuh, Mistah Bunraab! Yoo cain't heyulp us!
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House What? Why not? I'm part of the Dance Party Gang! In fact, I've been part of this bunch way longer than you.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love It's got nothin' to do with seniority, Bunrab, and everything to do with the fact that you're the filthiest toy in the house and shouldn't even be up here on the countertop.
Bunrab, the Filthiest Toy in the House But that's not fair! Chompita chews on the cat, too! Why is HE allowed to help?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Don't worry, Bunrab; we'll be keeping an eye on him!
The Lovely Mona, off camera MICKEY! GET THAT FILTHY TOY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!
Señorita Chompita Wiggletail, off camera Come on down here, Bunrab; I'll take care of you!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡Shrriieeekk!!!


Grumpy the Gargoyle I don't even WANT to be part of this. Humph!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, it looks like all the ingredients are here!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Ingredient Roll Call! 4 eggs; 2/3 cup water;
2 cups pumpkin; 1 cup oil; 1 teaspoon canela, I mean, cinnamon; 1 teaspoon nuez moscada molido, er, ground nutmeg; 1 1/2 teaspoon salt; 3 cups sugar; 2 teaspoons baking soda; 3 1/3 cups flour! All present and accounted for, sir!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Very well; continue!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank First we'll beat the four eggs
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡Shrriieeekk!!!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Oh, calm down! They came from a chicken!
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!



The Lovely Mona Mix in the water. . .



Mighty Moose of Vermont Now we add the cuppa oil!


Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Heah is wheah we puts da sinnaman an' da nutmeg!


Lil' Jesus Don't forget the salt! And don't use salt which hath lost its saltiness! For it is only good for throwing out and being trampled under foot by men.


¡El Penguino! And now. . . the pumpkin!
Ida Hedgehog Punkin'!



Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Mix it all up inna bowl. Heh. Heh. Heh.


Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Don't forget the sugar, sweetie!


Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank I believe that the baking soda is an important ingredient and is to be added at this time!


Grumpy the Gargoyle Humph!


Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Da flowah is da las' ting ya trows in deh! Tree anna haff cupsa flowah.


Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Timeta heat da oven! Heh. Heh. Heh.
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank I believe there is a lighter around here somewhere. . . ah, there it is!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank It certainly lights well!


Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!


Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Nowah buttah the payun an' buttah iyut weyul!
Mighty Moose of Vermont Yes, dear!


The Lovely Mona Pour the batter into the pan. . .


Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Punkin' cek! Heh. Heh. Heh.


The Lovely Mona Place it in the oven (which padre better clean before Thanksgiving!). . .


Lil' Jesus Bake for. . .
Ida Hedgehog . . . one hour at. . .
¡El Penguino! . . . 350 degrees fahrenheit!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank My! That certainly smells good!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love And it will be ready before we know it!
Everybody Yay!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank I'm not looking, but let me guess. . . is it beautiful?
Everybody YES!!!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love I bet that'll sell out quick!
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Dats foh shuah! Too bad we can't eat summa it.
Padre Mickey, off camera Hey you guys! Get away from that punkin' cek! That's for the Altar Guild.


Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡Sshhrrriiieeeekk!!!

7 comments:

June Butler said...

Who knew the gang did cooking lessons? I can smell the pumpkin bread way ovah heah in Loosiana. I wish I could have a slice.

Leonard said...

That does it! I´m going to have my very own, individual, private Bake Sale tomorrow (as a good Christian I will not exchange money with myself)!

Looks so good (I just ate a handful of Juan Carlos´ chocolate kisses stash...he hides stuff from me...but not always good enough).

Leonardo the Chocolate Thief!

Brother David said...

Has the price of sugar in Panama doubled over the last month like it has here in Mexico?

Kirkepiscatoid said...

There's gonna be little divots missing from the cake and little footprints in it before the bake sale. I'm sure of it.

Paul said...

Someone's wife has the patience of a saint.

The gang had me hankering for a slice. Yum.

Padre Mickey said...

You're right, Paul, but this was her idea this time.

susan s. said...

Very sweet! Very good! I guess I'm gonna have to make Gingerbread after that!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign