Thursday, May 24, 2007
Interesting Traffic Signs of Panamá
A break from the Anglican Communion Stuff
I really like the traffic signs here in Panama; some are quite different than those we have in California. Panama is the only country where I have seen any of these; we didn't see them in Costa Rica or Mexico, and I don't know if they have the same signs in Guatemala or Brasil (I'm counting on our Correspondents in Guatemala and Brasil to let us know), but I thought I'd share a few of them with you.
Click on photo if you want the really-big, super-groovy, fill-up-your-screen view. If you don't want that, FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T CLICK ON THE PHOTO!!
1. CAUTION! KIDS IN CLOTHES FROM THE 1970'S AT PLAY!
2. A closer view of this important sign
3. PROUD PEDESTRIAN XING Look at the butt on that pedestrian!
4. DON'T HIT STRANGE TROPICAL FOREST CREATURES This sign is on the road to Gamboa.
5. CAUTION! REALLY BUFF FÚTBOL PLAYERS IN VICINITY
6. MILITARY-STYLE HATS ARE OKAY! If there was a red line across the circle, this would be the International Traffic Sign for NO MILITARY-STYLE HATS Actually, this is in front of the Police Station in Gamboa, and I've never seen this sign anywhere else.
7. CRASH HERE! My nephew Richie asked me about this sign on his first visit to Panama, and being the Brutally Truthful Person that I am, I told him that if one has an accident in an area with the CRASH HERE sign, no one is held responsible and one's insurance company must pay without raising one's rates. Of course, he doesn't believe anything I tell him anyway, so no trauma ensued. Actually, the sign warns one that many accidents have taken place in this area, so be careful, and, of course, no one ever is.
8. A closer view of this important and often ignored sign. I love those impact lines!
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign