Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging


Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. I am Crocagator, your dog-toy-in-the-house-reporter. Our question today is: What are you giving up for Lent? We gonna ask some of these dog toys and knick-knacks this probing kweshin.




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Hello, big red thing. And who are you?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Hello, I am Red Mr. Peanut Bank. How are you this fine evening?
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. I am fine. Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, as a plastic toy manufactured to hold coins, I'm not really called to repentance or penitence or fasting, but, as a plastic toy manufactured to hold coins living in the house of a priest, I must admit that the peer pressure is great, so I shall be giving up chocolate for Lent.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Is that gonna be tuff for you? I mean, do you just luvs yer chocolate?
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, I've never actually HAD any chocolate; I'm a plastic toy manufactured to hold coins, so I can't really eat anything. But, I hear that giving up chocolate for Lent is The Thing To Do, so I shall do so. Also, I shall give up paying any attention to Joe the Plumber and his ilk.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Okay, Thanks. Goodbye.
Red Mr. Peanut Bank No, no, no, thank YOU!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Hello, very colourful thing! And who are you?
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Okay. . . Well, noisy thing, I have a kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Gallito Mescalito ¿Shrieky-shriek? ¡Shriek!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Gots no idea what yer sayin'. Think I'll go.
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡SSSHHHRRRRRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEKKK!!!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Hello, luverly blue thing! And who are you?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Hey there. I am Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love. What's shakin', crocagator?
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Yes you are! Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Well, I've heard that some folk are giving up Pepsi in all its forms for Lent, while others are giving up hot sauce, but since I haven't killed anyone, I see no reason for that kind of severe penance. I will be giving up Show Tunes for Lent. Oh, and I won't pay attention to Joe the Plumber and his ilk.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Yes indeedy. Well, thanks for answering our kewshin, and have a nice evening.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love I know I will!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Hello, dirty orange thing. And who are you?
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy I yam Mistah Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitteh Toy! Waddaya doin'?
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. That's quite a name! A bit long, doncha think? Can I call you "Dirty Orange Thing?"
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy No, butcha kin call me "cat!"
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Cat. Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Well, Eyeve taut long n' hahd 'bout dis, an' I tinks dat maybee eye will give up all bliniss of haht, pride, vainglory, hypocrisy, envy, hatred, malice, an' all wanta chairuty. Oh, an' payin' any 'tenshun a Joe da Plummah and his ilk.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Cat. Quite uh anser, quite uh anser! See ya!
Mr. Chompy's Chewed-up Squeaky Kitty Toy Not if I sees ya foist, pal! Oops, did I jus' break my fast? Dang!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Woah! Mooses!
Mighty Moose of Vermont May I help you?
Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Look! Iytsa crocagaytah!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Mooses! Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Ahm givin' up choc'lat, jes' lahk ure s'posed tah!
Mighty Moose of Vermont Great answer, lovey-dovey! I will be giving up smoking. Oh! And paying any attention whatsoever to that Joe the Plumber person and his ilk.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Giving up smoking can be pretty extreme! I didn't know moose had any experience with tobacco.
Mighty Moose of Vermont Not tobacco, smoking fish. Well, actually, I can't smoke fish, either; can never keep the darn things lit!
Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Deah haht, wah wuz yoo talkin' 'bout eylk? We don' know any eylk!
Mighty Moose of Vermont Not elk, ILK! You know, "family, class, or kind." Heavens! I wouldn't have anything to do with elk, for goodness sake!
Fuzzy Southern Mountain Moose Thaynk Gawd! Ah wuz worraied!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Think I'll be on my way!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Tiny Baby Jesus and a duck!
Lil' Jesus I'm Lil' Jesus, NOT "Tiny Baby Jesus!"
¡El Penguino! Y yo soy un penguino, ¡no soy "duck"!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Sorry 'bout dat! Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
¡El Penguino! I'm giving up motor-boat races and sky diving. Oh yeah, and I'm giving up paying attention to Joe the Plumber and his ilk.
Lil' Jesus I'm giving up food and water for a period of forty days while in the wilderness. And, of course, since I will be in the wilderness, I, too, will be ignoring Joe the Plumber and his ilk.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Tanks fer da ansers, lil guys!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Ugly ting, 'sup?
Grumpy the Gargoyle Go away!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Wadda grump! Gotta kweshin: What are you giving up for Lent?
Grumpy the Gargoyle Nothing. Leave me alone!
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Some kinda heafin, eh? Come on, gotta give up sumpin'!
Grumpy the Gargoyle Okay, I've given up talking to a**h***s for Lent.
Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. Gonna git pretty lonely den, pal!
Grumpy the Gargoyle GO AWAY!!!




Crocagator Heh. Heh. Heh. So dere ya have it! No meat or alcohol for the denizens of Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging for the next forty days! Gotta kweshin: What are YOU giving up for Lent? Tell me all about it in da comments!





¡¡¡SSHHHRRIIIIIIEEEEEEEKKK!!!

9 comments:

Fran said...

I think some by-bul guy called Mat-you tole me to go pray in my room and to wash my face when I fast and not tell evy-one the probing ansahs to the kweshins.

But anyways I will tell you that I am not drunk on wine because I am not drinking any until Jesus is O-U-T of that sepliquor thing.

No liquor for him, none for me. Plus some other stuff.

My verification word is dierab. Poor Bunrab! *sob*

June Butler said...

I'm a plastic toy manufactured to hold coins, so I can't really eat anything.

Red Mr. Peanut Bank, you can eat coins, in a manner of speaking. Just sayin'.

See you characters after Easter!

Instead of giving up something for Lent, I'm doing something positive - attending our Thursday Evensong services, after which we have soup and sandwiches and a class. You could say that I'm giving up Thursday evenings at home.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Well, since Miss EHOL already spilled the beans on my hot sauce, I guess I had also better give up Joe the Plumber and his ilk!

Frank Remkiewicz aka “Tree” said...

The one thing I am going to give up for Lent is listening to 1980's music. Sorry, it is going to be difficult, maybe if I spend more time in prayer and meditation I will not notice that I have given it up. Oh, and listening to Joe the Plumber and his elk. Never did have much use for elk anyway.

Paul said...

I'm trying to think about the Daily Office lessons during Lent. In order to do that I must be giving up something else to make room for this but I have no idea what it is. (I suppose that constitutes an indirect confession that I don't normally pray the Office - unless one counts the extremely brief forms I do by heart when waking up and going to bed.)

June Butler said...

I don't normally pray the Office - unless one counts the extremely brief forms I do by heart when waking up and going to bed.

Paul, that's exactly what I do, and I count it. If I can count it, you can count it - not meaning to get in the way of your doing the "real" Daily Office, love.

Jane R said...

Stress. I'm giving up stress for Lent.

I'm serious. Being mindful about my inner reactions to all the outside stressors in my life, being attentive to my breathing, allowing God to reach me in peace and joy. Trying not to be reactive or to live in emergency mode. It's a gentle practice, which is what I need right now. I can see its effects a little already.

How can Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love give up show tunes for such a long time? That is a huge sacrifice for her.

Caminante said...

Is crocagator suppozed to represent the former presdint with his 'heh, heh, heh'?

johnieb said...

Being self-abusive. Also wine.

I gave up on Joe the Plumber and his ilk in 1964: one of the few fasts that stuck.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign