Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Wayward Youth

Back in the mid-80's I helped start a Musician's Collective named First Strike. There were about 13 bands in the organization, and we all played at The Laundry Works until it became a gay piano bar; for some reason the new owners didn't want loud "alternative" bands playing there, so we ended up searching for another place, but never had another scene like The Laundry Works. So, can you find me in the photo? I know the Lovely Mona and Matty Boy probably can do so.

Thanks to Karl Thomas, formerly of Never Say Never for the photo!

6 comments:

Dave said...

I know which one is PM, but I'll let you guess :)

And what's this hooey about "wayward youth"? I'm pretty sure Padre Mickey is not that much different :). See the Rev. Hank Pierce's appearance in the documentary "American Hardcore" to see what I'm talking about. It's about 5 minutes in to the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX8WmE9C_14&NR=1

susan s. said...

front row next to the guy in the jacket with 47 on it!

Padre Mickey said...

Yer right, suzie-sue! A photo of when I was young, thin, and had hair on the top of my head. AND mirrored sunglasses!

Anonymous said...

I recognize maybe one or two people in that picture other than Padre. And I am certain I met most of them. Wow, that was a long time ago.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Are there other Cruel Hoaxsters in the picture? Everybody looks so cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mike is sitting next the padre. He's one of the many drummers Cruel Hoax had over the years. I don't see Travis or Swayzee.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign