Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vacation Bible School

Daily Vacation Bible School is taking place this week at Parroquia San Cristóbal. Our youth group plans and runs everything, with the help of a few adult volunteers. Usually I'm right in the middle of it all, playing guitar and helping out, but I am exhausted after all the activities of the past two months. I played guitar for them yesterday, but I stayed home and slept today. I'll be with them tomorrow and Friday.

Vacation Bible School is a great reminder of why we're trying to raise money to remodel the former rectory; this week we have a class in the Chapel, a class on the patio, and a class in the Youth meeting room, but we really don't have the facilities needed to have a large group of kids. We want to raise funds and remodel the rectory so that we will have new classrooms and lots of space for activities such as Vacation Bible School.

Photos:

Waiting to begin



Keysha's Class in the Chapel




Keysha grinning through the gate (I said, "you look like you're in jail!)


Gabby and group setting up on the patio


Some materials


Jasmine and Latisha with los pequeños in the Youth Group Room


Gabby's bunch singing some kinda hand-motion song, you know, the stuff you sing at VBS

2 comments:

June Butler said...

They are so cute.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

So they are.

Really, Padre, I am a little envious of the people in your congreation! They all seem so very nice ;=)

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign