Friday, February 13, 2009

Meanwhile at the Hogar...

Monday I worked with Rosa Mari, Maria, and Sinhilda. Rosa and I practiced reading a story about Dumbo. She was more confident this week than she was last week and did better than I had anticipated.

Maria and I read a Kuna legend about the sun and the moon. The story was really cute and helped me more with my Spanish than her with her comprehension. I wrote questions for her to answer about the story. Maria's very good about helping me with my Spanish and helped me write the questions correctly. She's only been at the home for a few months and is doing very well from what I can see.

Sinhilda and I worked on multiplication. I enjoy mathematics so it was fun. Sinhilda has learned so much since she arrived at the home. When I met her, she couldn't count, say the alphabet let alone read anything or even draw; and she was about 9-years-old at the time! I'm really happy at her progress. Plus, she's a joy to work with.

The Hogar has 6 new girls. Three of them arrived while I was there. I didn't have a chance to take pictures of them, but I'm sure I'll get some next week.

Maria

Rosa

Sinhilda

No comments:

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign