Friday, September 12, 2008
Friday Random Top Ten
Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .
1. Father To Son Queen
2. L'Anachie Pour Le U.K. Jerzimy WARNING! VIDEO NOT WORK SAFE!
3. Anything Worth Having Joan Moody
4. Rex Noster Promptus Est (Hildegard von Bingen) Sequentia
5. For A Dancer Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris
6. I'm In Love Badfinger
7. Matilda Mother Pink Floyd
8. . . . dust Elvis Costello
9. Antiphon: Auctori Vite Psalmis Invitatoriy: Venite exsultemus Domino (Hildegard von Bingen 11,000 Virgins: Chants for the Feast of St. Ursula) Anonymous 4
10. Vibrate Outkast
Off to a big start with a cut from the only Queen album I can stand. For most bands the second album is pretty weak, as they spent years getting ready for that first recording and the second recording is being pushed by the record company, but this is the best album they ever recorded, in my opinion. The second song is great, but the video is from the film The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle and features the Late Sid Vicious wandering about Paris being the total a**hole he was. Joan Moody, One Hit Wonder! Big day for our gal Hildegard, with two pieces, one by Sequentia and one by the Anonymous 4. The Linda and Emmylou version of that Jackson Browne song is very nice, but the Badfinger song is bad. Ya know, I think they were on the list last week, too. That Badfinger are hellbent at trying to make me blink! The Pink Floyd song is from the first album, back when Pink Floyd was good. The Elvis song I can take or leave; it's an okay song but not one of his best. Finishing up with Outkast is certainly interesting.
So, waddaya listening to? Post your top ten in the comments, please.
I See You!
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign