Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Random Top Ten


Ya pushes "shuffle" and ya takes yer chances. . .

1. A Saucerful of Secrets Pink Floyd
2. The Cherry Tree (Panamanian Calypso) Combos Nacionales
3. Just A Memory Elvis Costello and the Attractions
4. Hang On St. Christopher Tom Waits
5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps The Beatles
6. Making Plans For Nigel XTC
7. Jimmy Mó Mhíle Stór The Chieftains featuring The Rankins
8. Do Anything You Want To Do Eddie and the Hotrods
9. Missa Sicut Lilium Inter Spinas (Palestrina) The Tallis Scholars
10. Warning Sign Talking Heads

So, that was a weird start! I wish I knew which Combo Nacional is singing the second track, but I haven't figured it out yet. It could be either The Exciters, The Sivlertones, The Fabulous Festivals, The Beachers, The Soul Fantastics, etc. Lotsa guys to choose from. Making Plans For Nigel is one of my favorite XTC songs. An' ya can't go wrong with Talking Heads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Padre...I posted a little present for you over at my blog..enjoy!

Caminante said...

Diga, for a change I actually know most of these tracks or artists.

The letters I got look like a bad Scrabble hand:
iuiozqj

Janis Bland said...

Oh, yeah, Making Plans for Nigel is a true XTC classic!

And both Pink Floyd and Talking Heads take me back to college. Both were staples of my LP/cassette repository.

Anonymous said...

hallo, I found this blog with google. And I've seen that you're interested in panama music.
Are you located in panama? I'm a collector of records and I would like to ask if you can help me in finding some local titles like The Exciters, The Soul Fantastics and Fabulosos Festivales. God bless you, Luis

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign