Monday, March 10, 2008

I Gots An Award!


Dance Party Buddy Paul of Byzigenous Buddhapalian has given me the
Progressive Patriot Award. The award was started by Tomcat at the Politics Plus blog. Tomcat writes:
The mass of men serve the state thus, not as men mainly, but as machines, with their bodies. They are the standing army, and the militia, jailers, constables, posse comitatus, etc. In most cases there is no free exercise whatever of the judgement or of the moral sense; but they put themselves on a level with wood and earth and stones; and wooden men can perhaps be manufactured that will serve the purpose as well. Such command no more respect than men of straw or a lump of dirt. They have the same sort of worth only as horses and dogs. Yet such as these even are commonly esteemed good citizens. Others -- as most legislators, politicians, lawyers, ministers, and office-holders -- serve the state chiefly with their heads; and, as the rarely make any moral distinctions, they are as likely to serve the devil, without intending it, as God. A very few -- as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men -- serve the state with their consciences also, and so necessarily resist it for the most part; and they are commonly treated as enemies by it.

Faddah Paul dice:

"I am loathe to tag folks for almost any reason and usually decline altogether. I am going to name just one person who, from a bit of a distance, calls the government of the United States to account, holding it to its ideals: Padre Mickey, who blogs from Panamá and is a fellow blogswarm March 19 participant.

Amid the loving descriptions of the communities in which he and his wife, the Lovely Mona, participate, the whimsy and humor that especially shows up in elaborate Friday night presentations, and his erudite postings on early saints, Mickey also comments on the stupidity and evil coming out of DC. The politics show up only occasionally but they are strongly felt."

I gotsta say, this is very kind of Faddah Paul, and I am very honored to receive this.

I want to pass this on to my dear friend and fellow blogger Matty Boy at Lotsa ‘Splainin’ 2Do. When I first met Matty Boy he was a Free-Market Libertarian kinda guy, but he got over that. His political posts are clear, fierce, accurate and true, and he definitely deserves this Progressive Patriot Award.

2 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Thank you, Padre. I will wear display it proudly.

St Edwards Blog said...

I thought of tagging you both, but isn't one of the dynamics of good tagging (oh did I really say that?) thinking about who tags who beyond?

Your post re Palast's words on the Eucador/Columbia/Venezuela business is clearly why you have this badge.

And I could not agree more about Matty. (I know -then why didn't I tag him?!)

I need to go change my identity but I will leave this as is.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign