Wednesday, March 18, 2009

31 Years Ago Today. . .

31 years ago today, the Lovely Mona and I gave ourselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of rings, and were pronounced husband and wife in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. And, even though I carry the genes of people from several ethnic groups, our union was recognized in all fifty states!

Here is our wedding photo. My brother was the Best Man, and Mona's sister was the Maid of Honor. Man, they hated it when we told them they had to wear those outfits!! Hahaha, it was our day and everyone had to to what we said or else! Neither has spoken to either of us since. . .

So, Happy Anniversary, Lovely Mona! I loves ya and I've signed up for another 31 years.


Yes, I was thin and still had all my hair back then, and, yes, we were Japanese

16 comments:

Leonard said...

FELICIDADES!

and I was a Smudgepot Cryptogram who married a Sillygoosed Martian long before your Boda...however, our "joining" became unjoined due to rampant alcoholism and assorted other escapelike fantasies.

GOOD FOR YOU!

God Bless us all!

Back to the Southern regions today (of wherever it is that we think we are)!

PseudoPiskie said...

A most joyful anniversary to you and Mona!

motheramelia said...

You haven't changed a bit. Congratulations on 31 years.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Happy Anniversary, my friends! And a belated Happy Birthday to the Lovely Mona--what a great week for celebrating!

Cheers,
Doxy

James said...

Mazel Tov! Also, Kronis pola!
cri

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

A happy anniversary to you both!

Andy said...

Blessings on your Anniversary Padre & Mrs. Padre!

KJ said...

I used to be asian too! Asian and completely heterosexual.

Happy Anniversary!

Brother David said...

A blessed anniversary to you and la Señora!

Fran said...

Felicidades! I am so taken with your Hello Kitty themed nuptials. Then again, you were Japanese and at the farthest cutting edge at the time.

In fact, I suspect your wedding helped fuel the whole Sanrio craze.

Happiness always you two crazy love birds.

it's margaret said...

Happy Anniversary Padre --and many blessed years to come.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I've been to weddings wear the bridesmaid dresses were worse than that!

Many happy returns of the day.

Jane R said...

Glad you signed up for another 31. May you have even more years than that! Happy anniversary to a great couple.

Марко Фризия said...

Честита годишнина!
Happy Anniversary!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Happy anniversary plus one!

Anonymous said...

...and much delightful pussy was had by all. ;-p

Happy Anniversary, PM&LM!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign