Sunday, March 01, 2009

Está Mañana en la Parroquia San Cristóbal

The closura, or graduation for Escuela Biblical de Vacacion (Vacation Bible School) took place this morning en la Misa a las 10:30, also known as "The Spanish Mass." All the kids received certificados and presents. Padre Cáceres really engaged them during the sermón (he's the Chaplain at Instituto Episcopal San Cristóbal and a teacher) and they responded to his questions with vigor! But they were really noisy during the Eucharist, which, in my opinion, isn't the end of the world. They all came up for bendiciones. Now, since the Vacation Bible School group was there we didn't do the usual Himnos de Cuaresma (Lenten Hymns), but we DID do La Gran Letanía con procesional solemne, which kinda confused the kids as they had never seen anything like that before! We ended the service with a rollicking version of Mi Dios Está Vivo, Él no Está Muerto (My God Is Alive, He's Not Dead) which has the great lines: Lo siento en mis manos, lo siento en mis pies, lo siento en el alma, lo siento en todo mi ser (Feel it in my hands, feel it in my feet, feel it in my soul, feel it in all I am). The band was really cooking on that one; well, we were really cooking on Anoche Cristo Vino a Mí (Last Night Christ Came To Me) también. Next week we'll sing all them Traditional Lenten Hymns.

Fótos:
Waiting for the service to begin



The students with their teachers





This little girl won a prize.



This little girl had been left-off the original list, but still received her certificado y regalo.



The Vacation Bible School Staff


Las Bendiciónes

7 comments:

Leonard said...

Nice...thank you.

June Butler said...

The children are so beautiful. And, of course, you are, too, Padre.

MadPriest said...

But they were really noisy during the Eucharist, which, in my opinion, isn't the end of the world.

Aaargh!!!

Die, heretic, scum priest!

Andy said...

That's a fine bunch of crumb crunchers there Padre! They'll carry the memories of VBS por vida!

Saint Pat said...

What precious children!

It was one such as these, making funny noises during an Ash Wednesday service, who had me laughing hysterically during the solemn service one year. The clergy, up at the altar, couldn't hear the noises, and wondered what on Earth was wrong with me. Of course, they wondered that, anyway!

"Feel it in my hands, feel it in my feet, feel it in my soul, feel it in all I am" — I love it.

susan s. said...

I am glad that most of the Staff/Teachers are also young.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

They are beatiful as always Padre Mickey!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign