Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hogar de Niñas

I really enjoy going to the Hogar and working with the girls. When I was there on Monday, I worked with two new girls whose names I didn't catch. They are sisters, ages 5 and 4. They have been abandoned. From what I understand from Tía Sue, their parents gave them to their aunt to raise about a year ago. Then the aunt got a job and couldn't take care of them, so they are at the Hogar.

When I read Michael's post on the Quiverfill Movement, I was sad because I see too many children who have been neglected, abandoned, and abused. How does that fit into their belief system regarding how many children people have?

Here are pictures I got of the sisters and other children at the home this week.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful children.

Matthew Hubbard said...

That's a heartbreaking story. I hope someone will give them the home they deserve.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Delightful little ones ;=)

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign