Saturday, March 07, 2009

Friday Saturday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging: A Fan Remembers

Okay. I'm not really a fan. But I remembers. . .

I was too lazy to make a real Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging post today; the activities of Thursday and Friday had me just a little worn out, so I took the Rt. Rev. Maya Pavlova's advice and took a nap.

I was trying to remember what the first Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging post was, and dug about in the Dusty Archives of Padre Mickey's Dance Party, deep in the catacombs located below la Rectoríá, where I found it! It is dated December 8, 2007 and is just a shot of the two of them on the bookshelf. Those old posts were very simple; they only involved posting The Boys in different locations. But it only took a few weeks before some dialogue and story appeared; I believe it was a story about the Visit of the Magi.

So I decided to return to the roots of the Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging and posed the Major Characters in front of Brightly Coloured Molas. And below those photos is The Very First Appearance of Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito.

I was hoping to fund our sabbatical (which begins on April 15) by selling Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito and Friends merchandise, but that is not working out well at all; we haven't sold anything for a month! I guess it's due to the Deteriorating Economy. I'm working on some really pitiful cardboard signs for us to use at freeway on-ramps, as well as searching for the perfect bandana to tie around Señorita Chompita Wiggletail's lil' froat, cuz that always attracts the Big Bucks when begging!

I understand that our Estadoünidense readers have to remember some silliness involving their clocks tonight or they'll all be late for church tomorrow. We don't mess with the clocks here in Panama; we are on Eastern Standard Time all year round. However, most Panamanians are late for everything, so messing with the clocks would only complicate matters.









And now, we remember December 8, 2007, oh so long ago. . .


I realize that the posts today have been a bit odd, well, actually, quite odd. And this post really won't be any different. I've noticed that many blogs have regular "features" on Fridays, often with photos. There is Friday Ferret Blogging at First Draft; Friday Orchid Blogging at AMERICAblog; Thursday Basset Blogging at TBogg, and lots and lots of Friday Cat Blogging all over the place. Now, we all know that I am not above posting photos of cute animals, and Chompita and Natasha make the occasional appearance, but, let's face it, dogs really don't do too much during the day, and they like to sleep a lot. It's true that cats sleep all day, too, but for some reason they tend to sleep in cute positions. So, no Friday Cute Scruffy Dog Blogging. Instead, I am going to have Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and His Friend Gallito Mescalito Blogging. These two colorful inanimate objects (actual graven images, if you think about it) will have thrilling adventures every Friday. Today they are visiting the top shelf of the third bookcase in Padre's office at home, just above Padre's Biggest Fan. Who knows, they may even make a visit to a stable in Bethlehem! I found Red Mr. Peanut Bank many many years ago when I worked on the Shipping/Receiving Dock at Telesensory Systems, and he has traveled the world with me. Gallito Mescalito was a gift from a Cursillista, and, hard as it is to believe, this is his first visit to Central America (although he may have lived in Mexico once). Tune in next week.

3 comments:

June Butler said...

However, most Panamanians are late for everything,

People after my own heart.

The characters look beautiful posed in front of the colorful Molas. Or is it the characters look colorful posed in front of the beautiful Molas?

I have no Friday theme, just fewer visitors on Fridays and weekends. I suspect that the themes are an attempt to draw visitors on a slow day. OCICBW.

Anonymous said...

My Goodness. I never, no, I never ever thought of you as a stylist/set designer...simply lovely (as a really good Gay stuffed animal might say on another day)...you´re a hit!

Appreciated by afar.

John David Hermanville Specklewitz-Goitz

Apprentice, Understudy and Cameo Stand-in

PseudoPiskie said...

And what is the address we should use to send a monetary supplement to your sabbatical?

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign