Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Red Mr. Peanut Bank and Gallito Mescalito Blogging


Sound effect: zzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiipppppppp
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Look! Light!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Look! It's Padre Mickey with a camera, as usual!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Padre, we´ve been guarding Chompita's papers. Are we almost there?
Padre Mickey, off camera No. We're in the air above some volcano in Guatemala. I just wanted you all to say "¡Hola Amigo!" to Leonardo Ricardo. Wave, too!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love But he can't see us!
Padre Mickey, off camera Oh, HE'LL know!! Back to sleep for you guys; you know how sensitive the crew is on flights nowadays!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!
Sound effect: zzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiipppppppp



THE NEXT DAY
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, here we are in Sunny California! It's been ages!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love As the song says, "Right back where we started from. . ."
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, not really; we're in Fresno and we lived in the Bay Area for so many years, so I wouldn't say we're exactly Right Back Where We Started From.
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Gee, all this travel and you're still a bit of a jerk. . .
Gallito Mescalito ¡Shriek!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank ¡Mira! Señorita Chompita Wiggletail. Chompy, how are you doing on your first visit to los estados unidos?



Chompy The plane ride was traumatic. I didn't think I'd ever see anyone I loved ever again. This place smells funny, er, different than Panama. And it is too cold! But I'm glad to see Padre and the Lovely Mona again. Oh, and you guys, too.


Chompy Ya know. . . there's a big honking bird over there in a really big cage. I heard Padre call it "Hera". You guys really otta get to know her. . .


Introducing: Hera!!!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Oh my! What a pretty Macaw!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love It's as if we're still in Central America. Let's go meet her!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!


Red Mr. Peanut Bank Hello, Hermosura Hera! I'm Red Mr. Peanut Bank. My friends and I live in Panama. Hmm, no response ¿Habla español? Yo soy Red Mr. Peanut Bank. Mis amigos y yo vivemos en Panamá.
Hera Awwwk!
Red Mr. Peanut Bank Well, nice to meet you.
Hera Awwwk!


Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Nice to meet you, Hera. I am Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love, and I am awed by your regal beauty.
Hera Awwwk!
Miss Egyptian Hippo of Love Hmmm. Your conversational style is very familiar to me. . .
Hera Awwwk!


Chompy Okay Gallito Mescalito. It's your turn! Ji ji ji ji; this should be good!


Hera Awwwwk! What the ?????


Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!
Hera Awwwk!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!
Hera Awwwk!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡Shriek!!
Hera Awwwk!
Gallito Mescalito ¡¡¡¡¡SSSSSHHHHHRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!
Hera Okay! You win!

12 comments:

KJ said...

Oh my gosh! Mr. Red Peanut Bank made it across the border? I guess the country is going to hell in a hand basket!

Dance!

Jane R said...

Good thing I had put down my mug of tea! Gallito and the Macaw - what a pair.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Poor sweet Chompita still looks a little pensive about it all....

Brother David said...

Be careful Padre, Father Troll has a link to a baptist Pastor who was badly treated by the Border Patrol. Seems with Homeland Security the 4th Amendment no longer applies. (Whatever that means.)

Anonymous said...

I want to be perfectly clear that I was, eh, ¨helpful¨ with your journey and clearing U.S. customs (and the the later arrival of your xrayed and enama-ed pooch, well, that took longer and you´re lucky I got a waver for you and some of your other suspicious looking traveling companions).

I´m quite certain you´re grateful and I´ll expect a couple of free weddings and burial or twelve as a thank you.

Well, I must pop off to examine stuff...you know how it is to ¨know things!¨

Have fun, you´re cleared all the way to Fresno and back (we won´t guarantee East Coast travel).

Alice Grumbacher

Leonard said...

Of course I HEARD YOU FLY OVER! Just what kind of zippy y aware person/Episcopalian/Anglican sensitive ¨follower¨ do you think I am? It was such fun finally hearing a REAL shriek directed directly toward and for me alone...it was more exciting than expected (being his sexual orientation and all)...you did hear me screeching back didn´t ya? I was slightly dimmed out but still LOUD because of that silly volcano going poof, poof, poof!

You all have fun now!

I´m miss´n you already!

Leonardo Ricardo

Frank Remkiewicz aka “Tree” said...

OT

Padre, check out your inbox.

You must be here, my little letters are beatic

June Butler said...

Padre, they let you in! I feared for the Lovely Mona, Chompita, and all the Peanut Blogging characters, because some might think their traveling companion (meaning you) appeared (how shall I put it?) a tad disreputable, but it turned out just fine. I am so happy for you all. Enjoy yourselves.

Of course, we all know you and love you and are certain that you are not the least bit disreputable.

Paul said...

Oh dear, Mimi, are you implying that our dear padre is reputable? What a fall from grace is that?

But we won't tell la migra.

June Butler said...

Paul, no, no, no. Not that he WAS disreputable, but that he may have LOOKED disreputable and risky. We all KNOW what a prince he is

And I know how you like princes, mon cher.

Mary Clara said...

Wow! what an exciting encounter. Padre and gang, I did not know that you were going to keep the show going during your sabbatical. So glad the trip went okay and you are safe in Fresno (though come to think of it, I don't actually know how safe you are in Fresno). Anyway, safe enuf to blog.

Andy said...

Who is that "Handsome Harry" of a dog? He looks like a minature Irish Wolfhound. Too Cool!

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign