Monday, April 27, 2009

Yesterday at St. Francis Episcopal Church, San José, CA

Yesterday the Lovely Mona and I visited St. Francis Episcopal Church in San José, CA. Many years ago I was the Acolyte Master and Sunday School Superintendent at St. Francis, which was also our home parish while we were in seminary. They also oversee our Missionary Fund. It was great to be there again. I preached at both the 8:00 am and 10:00 am services, and the Lovely Mona sold molas after each service. We had a wonderful time visiting with folks, and we'll be back there in July.

Here are a few photos

Father Chris Creed and the St. Francis sign



Some guy yakking about Jesus or something, while a bear guards the pulpit



Birthday blessings




The Lovely Mona sells molas to a mola-starved public





8 comments:

Leonard said...

You make me homesick but my are you having a BIG WELCOME and I´m so happy for that!

ENJOY! GO SPARTANS!

Leonardo

Paul said...

I remember Chris from way back.

Glad a bear has got your back.

Brother David said...

Did you notice that the lady wot bought the mola has on a sweater with very similar colors as the colors in the mola wot she bought.

MadPriest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadPriest said...

All I can see are two bears.

Doorman-Priest said...

Well done Mona!

Caminante said...

Wish I had known you had molas... I have for the time being lost the two molas I bought in 2007 during the move. They'll turn up along with the tela guatemalteca but where or when I don't know.

Hope your sabbatical is going well.

We're about to have thunderstorms -- very tropical -- we shouldn't be having 90-degree weather in April up here!

word verification is a true French word: coutier

Jane R said...

Word verification: culticsi

¡Cultic sí!

Very appropriate for a Mass with molas after.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign