Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hoy en la Catedral de San Lucas

Today was the Blessing of the Oils at St. Luke's Cathedral. We usually have this service on the Tuesday of Holy Week, but Bishop Murray was in Colombia on Tuesday. When the service is held on Tuesday, the staff of the Diocesan Center attend, but today it was just us priests and Canon Walter Smith, and actually only a few clergy, as those far from Panama City couldn't come this late in the week.

The clergy of the diocese serve as acolytes and readers. I was thurifer today. Well, I'm always the thurifer, because I do 360's with the thurible. As you can see, my colleagues stay way back when I have that smoking thing in my grip.

Tonight is our Maundy Thursday service and we'll have photos tomorrow.














Bishop Murray explaining that I'm going on sabbatical. Then he gave me a blessing.




Photos by Canon Walter Smith

3 comments:

Brother David said...

As you can see, my colleagues stay way back when I have that smoking thing in my grip.

They were so far back that it was almost two different processionals! Yours, and a little later, theirs.

Fran said...

Thanks for this! And may your Triduum be richly blessed.

(Note to self, stay away from Padre when he is incensed.)

(worst pun comment EVAH)

Fred Preuss said...

Does your church have any actual members? Cause it doesn't look as if many show up.

I See You!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign